PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] Wireless Internet Issue

biassiw
May 27th, 2013, 05:18 AM
Hello

I have a question regarding wireless internet usage by Lubuntu. I have Lubuntu 13.04 32bit installed in my Samsung NF-NP310 netbook. I'm not sure about its wireless card model, but this is the problem:

When I start using lubuntu with my wireless network, it seems to screw up the connection to my other devices. For example, the internet for both my Lubuntu netbook and my other computer gets too slow, and both my smartphone and tablet simply disconnect from the wireless network. Before Lubuntu I used Linux Mint 14 alternatedd with Windows 7 with no issues. Is that problem even possible, or is just a coincidence? Could be a wireless card driver issue?

Thanks in advance

biassiw
May 27th, 2013, 05:43 AM
By the way, I wasn't giving a heavy bandwidth usage at the moment of the issues, it was a light load (I.e. Facebook and e-mail only)

ShadowVegan
May 27th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Do you have a bandwidth cap? Some ISPs (primarily for satellite and dial up, rarely with high speed) have a bandwidth cap that generally resets daily or monthly depending on the ISP. This means that once you have exceeded the bandwidth limit you are basically given last priority so everything will go really slow. You could find out if you have a bandwidth cap, and if so, if you exceeded it and when it resets, by calling your ISP (Internet Service Provider), have your account number ready.

Of course that would be unrelated to switching to Lubuntu. I can't think of any reason Lubuntu would cause this, so it's likely a coincidence that you just installed Lubuntu, but I can't guarantee anything.

biassiw
May 27th, 2013, 02:44 PM
I don't have any bandwidth cap, its an 10 Mbit/s download and 1 Mbit/s upload with no cap connection. In the morning I started to use the computer again with the same issue, so it doesn't seem to be a coincidence. I think it could be related to the drivers.