PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] gtk themes

CrouchinRatSnatcher
May 27th, 2013, 03:16 AM
i want to have a theme for my ubuntu 12.04, i have emerald that just changes the look at the top of a window but i want to get the whole theme for my panels and folder wise, idk what to do at this point? some one help please...

Frogs Hair
May 27th, 2013, 03:28 AM
Emerald which has no official support only supplies window decoration for the window border and panels. For icons , GTK themes, more emerald themes see the link. Installation instructions can be found on the forum and the web. http://gnome-look.org/?xsection=home

CrouchinRatSnatcher
May 27th, 2013, 03:34 AM
thanks for telling me that but i want to know how to change themes,to have better looking icons, panels and such

Frogs Hair
May 27th, 2013, 04:12 AM
Though I tried emerald back on 9.10 I never modified the theme files if that is what you are referring to . I can't seem to access the Wiki page which is outdated.

Dennis N
May 27th, 2013, 07:39 AM
...i want to know how to change themes,to have better looking icons, panels and such

Look for GTK3.x themes and Icon themes at gnome-look.org

For GTK3.x themes, extract the theme folder from the download and move it to /usr/share/themes
For icon themes, extract the theme folder from the download and move it to /usr/share/icons
Use one of the config. tools like MyUnity (for 12.04) or Unsettings, or Ubuntu Tweak to select the new theme(s).
Log out and back in may be necessary.