PDA

View Full Version : Reason

Drakx
March 22nd, 2005, 06:59 PM
Hi Guys

Ok this is not a rant but more why i cannot!

First let me say NOTHING would make me more happy than the ability to use Linux ALL day every day till the day i die! but... there are one or two apps/games that make this so hard what are they you ask?

Well games/apps

Farcry - yes i know its supported under Cedega but its like start stop start stop every two secs :cry:

Teamspeak - yes i know this works under Linux (cause i had it working with my via based system) but after getting my nForce based system i cannot under stand a word any one says its so fast that it sounds like a cd being fastforward

Lock On - a must for me i love this game :D the best flight sime ever made for me :D

Sony Vages - never got it working under wine (Shame)

DVD Shrink - again never got this working (well not true got it working but not right)

TrackIr - need this for Lock On

Zip Drive - for some strange reason on the install this works (ie /dev/sda1) once finished the install never got it to work

Webcam - Logitech quickcam 4000 pro i read in the forums that that person has not got it working. (i guess i should not include this)

its a real shame that win4lin did not support the 3d acc because i had thought about this as a possability. Its thouse few apps/games that are stopping me from killing Xp and microsoft for good. I've been using Linux now for about a year on and off and out of all the distros i tryed i have nevery really had any problems with this one :D the one thing i would love to see in Ubuntu is what mandrake uses and windows for that matter is the ability to just incert a cd in to the drive and it just run and to be able to just eject it (it would make it easy for cd changes when using Cedega/wine).

Any way i thought i would just share my thoughts/problems and who knows some of you might be able to find a solution to these problems

Thanks guys

bored2k
March 22nd, 2005, 07:02 PM
Hi Guys

Ok this is not a rant but more why i cannot!

First let me say NOTHING would make me more happy than the ability to use Linux ALL day every day till the day i die! but... there are one or two apps/games that make this so hard what are they you ask?

Well games/apps

Farcry - yes i know its supported under Cedega but its like start stop start stop every two secs :cry:

Teamspeak - yes i know this works under Linux (cause i had it working with my via based system) but after getting my nForce based system i cannot under stand a word any one says its so fast that it sounds like a cd being fastforward

Lock On - a must for me i love this game :D the best flight sime ever made for me :D

Sony Vages - never got it working under wine (Shame)

DVD Shrink - again never got this working (well not true got it working but not right)

TrackIr - need this for Lock On

Zip Drive - for some strange reason on the install this works (ie /dev/sda1) once finished the install never got it to work

Webcam - Logitech quickcam 4000 pro i read in the forums that that person has not got it working. (i guess i should not include this)

its a real shame that win4lin did not support the 3d acc because i had thought about this as a possability. Its thouse few apps/games that are stopping me from killing Xp and microsoft for good. I've been using Linux now for about a year on and off and out of all the distros i tryed i have nevery really had any problems with this one :D the one thing i would love to see in Ubuntu is what mandrake uses and windows for that matter is the ability to just incert a cd in to the drive and it just run and to be able to just eject it (it would make it easy for cd changes when using Cedega/wine).

Any way i thought i would just share my thoughts/problems and who knows some of you might be able to find a solution to these problems

Thanks guys
Sony Vages you mean Sony Vegas Architect right ?

DVD Shrink works under Xover/Wine .

Drakx
March 22nd, 2005, 07:25 PM
Sony Vages you mean Sony Vegas Architect right ?

Yea it helps when you spell it right LoL :D

DVD Shrink works under Xover/Wine . yea which version the last time i tryed getting it working it worked just not right

bored2k
March 22nd, 2005, 07:29 PM
Yea it helps when you spell it right LoL :D

yea which version the last time i tryed getting it working it worked just not right
sony vegas requires .net framework so thats a hard one . you can get it under vmware alongside farcry and all that scrap.

My xover 4.1 makes it work . [shrink]

Drakx
March 22nd, 2005, 07:42 PM
sony vegas requires .net framework so thats a hard one . you can get it under vmware alongside farcry and all that scrap.

My xover 4.1 makes it work . [shrink]

Vmware supports 3d??

bored2k
March 22nd, 2005, 07:46 PM
Vmware supports 3d??
No idea .

*somebody tag in*

Drakx
March 22nd, 2005, 09:32 PM
Well the webcam works :D so thats one step closer to absolute Linux :D

TravisNewman
March 23rd, 2005, 01:30 AM
No.
You might be able to get Quake 1 with no hardware emulation to work in VMWare, but that might also be pusing it a bit. Things like FarCry, even if VMWare DID support 3d, would probably crap out because it's being run in an emulator

bored2k
March 23rd, 2005, 01:34 AM
No.
You might be able to get Quake 1 with no hardware emulation to work in VMWare, but that might also be pusing it a bit. Things like FarCry, even if VMWare DID support 3d, would probably crap out because it's being run in an emulator
I miss the old days when playing to me meant going to the arcades to own everyone @ street fighter 2 and mortal kombat 2 :D .

Drakx
March 23rd, 2005, 07:04 PM
Same here :D any way ive got most things sorted out its just Lock On mainly now thats really keeping me back :D

RadixLecti
June 29th, 2005, 12:03 PM
There's a linux installer for Far Cry available:

http://liflg.org/?catid=7&gameid=30

Another step towards full time linux, then? ;)