PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installing Ubuntu Server 12.04 for LTS and cannot boot from CD

pjm2008
May 21st, 2013, 05:06 AM
So, I'm having some troubles. My computer right now has no OS on it and I'm trying to get Ubuntu Server 12.04 installed. I have my BIOS settings for my DVD-ROM drive as the first and only boot device and all others disabled. Though when I boot it says hit any key to from CD. I hit a key and nothing happens. It sounds like it is trying to boot from the CD though doesn't and I get a Reboot and choose a bootable device or insert media that is bootable.

I know for sure the CD works as I have tried the disc in other computers. I don't see what the issue is as I can boot from a CD before with Windows 7 (I used to have it on there though have formatted the drive as I wanted only Ubuntu).

Edit: Also it won't boot from my Windows CD now either. Which doesn't make any sense. Both CDs work just fine on my other computer.

pjm2008
May 23rd, 2013, 06:04 PM
So, I would just like to give an update. I got Ubuntu Desktop finally installed after trying the USB method for the Server edition (which didin't work either) then my friend told me I should just try the Desktop version and then upgrade from there. This route worked and am in progress for upgrading from the desktop to server edition.