PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] Disable the console switching by pressing CTRL-ALT-F1

cccc
May 20th, 2013, 12:51 PM
Hi

Howto disable the console switching by pressing CTRL-ALT-F1...F6 under LXDE?

2F4U
May 20th, 2013, 02:20 PM
Why would you want to do that? It may be your last option to get into the system if the desktop environment doesn't start or won't let you login.

epikvision
May 20th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Why would you want to do that? It may be your last option to get into the system if the desktop environment doesn't start or won't let you login.

Isn't console switching available on Ctrl-Alt-<F1-F7>? Surely, having one down is ok.

cccc
May 20th, 2013, 02:30 PM

I would like to disable, because I try to create a very simple Thin Client and I don't need to switch into the system.

zombifier25
May 20th, 2013, 02:44 PM
NOTE: Be very careful
As root, in the folder /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d, create a new file named 50-novtswitch.conf, with its content being:

Section "ServerFlags"
Option "DontVTSwitch" "true"
EndSection
Save, reboot.

Of course, like others have said, it may be the only way to recover your system when X fails, so consider yourself before doing.

cccc
May 20th, 2013, 07:10 PM
NOTE: Be very careful
As root, in the folder /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d, create a new file named 50-novtswitch.conf, with its content being:

Section "ServerFlags"
Option "DontVTSwitch" "true"
EndSection
Save, reboot.

Of course, like others have said, it may be the only way to recover your system when X fails, so consider yourself before doing.

Thx a lot, I've done and it works well now.