PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Former feature not evident in ubuntu 13.04

hkarl629
May 20th, 2013, 04:48 AM
Need some help. Can't figure out how to improve the cursor/pointer/arrow size. I believe "Display" or "Appearance" was where this change could be made. Can't find it there now.

Need an arrow that is easier to see. Am using ubuntu version 13.04. Previous versions allowed me to enlarge the arrow. Can't find out how to do that now.

Help woujld be very much appreciated by these 84 year old eyes.

Thank you.

hkarl629

ibjsb4
May 20th, 2013, 04:59 AM
Its now located in dconf-editor

hkarl629
May 20th, 2013, 05:58 AM
ibjsb4,

Thank you very much. You solved my problem! It makes it so much easier to have a larger pointer. I belong to a computer club made up of retirees, so an older crowd. Whenever a presentation is made with a computer connected to a projector, I usually ask the presenter to adjust the pointer so that us old folks can see what it is they are referring to/pointing to. When you get a room with about 100 people, which is not uncommon here, you can imagine the difficulty of those far from the screen. The regular presenters have got the message and often refer to my request

Again, I appreciate your help. Thank you

hkarl629

ibjsb4
May 20th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Must be tough on you old people. You folks always seem to be in the way too. Just makes me glad Im 70 years young :)

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UnansweredPostsTeam/SolvedThreads

hkarl629
May 20th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Now ibjsb4, respect your elders. Or to put it another way, "Your time is coming." Am just glad I can use today's technology. Certainly not up to it all, but am able to do some teaching and provide help to some of my contemporaries.

As much as I like and promote Ubuntu, I get nowhere with that effort in this retirement community. Microsoft predominates. Have had to install Windows 8 on one of my laptops so that I can stay with the crowd. Ubuntu has become my own sideline. The computer club mentioned previously has 2400+ members and I am literally alone as a user of Ubuntu. Doing a class on Open Office and Libre Office to show two very good alternatives to Microsoft. "Free" does resonate with retirees!

So, again I sincerely say, "THANK YOU VERY MUCH".

hkarl629

ibjsb4
May 20th, 2013, 11:43 PM
Good luck :)