PDA

View Full Version : ShipIt recipients! Extra CDs...are you distributing?

MrChips
July 13th, 2006, 03:39 AM
As we all know, those of us who ordered CDs were left with an option of ordering no less than 5 of one distro. The extra CDs are meant to be distributed to others at will.

So have you done your part?
Have you turned anyone on to Ubuntu?

So far I have given 6 out of the ten CDs I received to other users, the rest I will keep for later. Most everyone had heard of Linux but not Ubuntu, only Red Hat. Only two out of the five people have never heard of Linux.

The good thing about having a Live CD is that it gives someone a chance to see the OS without committing to an installation. At least they will get a glimpse of a really good Linux distro. If you were to step into the world of Linux I would say Ubuntu is the way to go!

Don't let those CDs go to waste!;)

Adamant1988
July 13th, 2006, 04:55 AM
i'm sending handing them out to friends and family now. :) Have a school project plan with as many shipit CDs as I can get.

jimrz
July 13th, 2006, 05:15 AM
you damn betcha...all 5 of them [only still have the one I d/l'd and burned myself]

PhilipsHead
July 13th, 2006, 05:23 AM
I ordered four about 6 weeks ago, havent heard anything since then beyond the confirmation, i mostly wanted them as a legitimate cd for a couple of PC's i sold, ended up selling them with XP instead, got that for free with an optional upgrade so it worked out fine anyway.