PDA

View Full Version : Back to Ubuntu:

CodemonkeyAlx
May 17th, 2013, 07:43 PM
Hello world!
I have been using Linux for upwards of 5 years now, It started with an old old old copy of fedora 3 I found at ollies (A local everything shop) I picked it up with the bible books for that version of the OS. I did not like it at first. It looks to... "98" so to speak. fast forward one laptop with more viruses than I could count I stumbled back into the fray of Linux when I discovered ubuntu 8.04 I actually did not start to use ubuntu until 9.04 had come out when I re-discovered my dvd in my laptop case. I slapped it into my laptop's dvd drive and almost instantly fell in love. Study hall ended too soon but I spent the next few days tinkering around in live boot. On the third day I went home and said I was going to install it. No hesitation.

Forward a few months and I was invited by pleia2 one of the PA communities prominent members to go to a release party and I have to admit... It was AWESOME!

Then Unity......

I did not like unity at first... It took me two years and 5 - 6 distro's to get back to ubuntu. My laptop died a few months ago and I ended up getting a chromebook C7 to replace it. ChromeOS is nice and fast but just yesterday I switched over to a chromeOS - Chomebuntu dual boot (Set to ubuntu by default)

A bit about me:

I do Android app development work and am one man of a two man company formed between my father and myself. I have been activly using Linux for upwards of 4 - 5 years. Usually I am very approachable. So.....

Nice to meet you all! -- Or re-meet you all that is.

-Alex K.

kestrel1
May 17th, 2013, 09:37 PM
Welcome back

dulbirakan
May 17th, 2013, 10:41 PM
Welcome back and nice to re-meet you too...

Mopar1973Man
May 17th, 2013, 11:45 PM
Welcome back to the Ubuntu Linux family... ;)

2Stoned
June 15th, 2013, 03:37 AM
Welcome back. Im also getting back on track Ubuntu wise :P I have been using so many distro's the last few years and i think Mint next to Ubuntu are the most stable. Anyway, im using Ubuntu Mate 12.04.v1 LTS next to my Windows 7 installation at the moment.