July 13th, 2006, 12:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmVAWKfJ4Go

Wolki
July 13th, 2006, 01:11 AM
Absolutely.

PhilipsHead
July 13th, 2006, 01:22 AM
Absolutely.

At least one man understands the heritage of true talent!

Stay well my good man.

GuitarHero
July 13th, 2006, 01:25 AM
I love that song, I'd never seen the video before. It's sad

PhilipsHead
July 13th, 2006, 01:29 AM
I love that song, I'd never seen the video before. It's sad

Sad and good, a man has his life, his wife is with him in the end, looking down on him...

Maybe it's not that sad.

richbarna
July 13th, 2006, 01:30 AM
Nice, I'm not a big Country fan, but Cash is King. I remember me and my uncles singing along to "Boy Named Sue" when I was about 8 years old.

GuitarHero
July 13th, 2006, 01:32 AM
My favorite was always Ring of Fire.

BWF89
July 13th, 2006, 01:39 AM
I don't listen to Cash that often but whenever I'm at my grandpaps we listen to Cash on his cd player. He's really good.

PhilipsHead
July 13th, 2006, 01:39 AM
Nice, I'm not a big Country fan, but Cash is King. I remember me and my uncles singing along to "Boy Named Sue" when I was about 8 years old.

I've been a punkass metallica fan since the days of dawn in 89 but this one..

You know, if we could distribute it to the countries going to war tonight, maybe we could go to peace instead of war..

We really need some peace instead of this ********, we really really do.

Johnsie
July 13th, 2006, 01:42 AM
Cash is a great legend... There's a JC song for everyone, regardless what age you are. He even went down well at the Glastonbury Festival...

It's a shame he's dead now but that makes him even more of a legend because his music lives on.

richbarna
July 13th, 2006, 01:45 AM
I've been a punkass metallica fan since the days of dawn in 89 but this one..

You know, if we could distribute it to the countries going to war tonight, maybe we could go to peace instead of war..

We really need some peace instead of this ********, we really really do.

I second that completely.

Talking of war, best ever Metallica song "One". Absolute classic, just for the guitar solo and Lars Ulrich's tight drumming.

PhilipsHead
July 13th, 2006, 01:49 AM
I second that completely.

Talking of war, best ever Metallica song "One". Absolute classic, just for the guitar solo and Lars Ulrich's tight drumming.

One is one of the greatest, so is unforgiven, i liten more to the unforgiven because i am at that side, no one can forgive me now.

Christmas
July 13th, 2006, 02:05 AM
That melody rocks! I don't know why but the melody made me think of Bob Dylan's "Love Sick" from Time Out of Mind, 1997. Couldn't find a video though.

Oh and Viva Pink Floyd! ;)

PhilipsHead
July 13th, 2006, 02:57 AM
That melody rocks! I don't know why but the melody made me think of Bob Dylan's "Love Sick" from Time Out of Mind, 1997. Couldn't find a video though.

Oh and Viva Pink Floyd! ;)

I knwe pink floyd would come up, it's still not the same.

As i said before, i'm a sucker for many of the greats, but this, this is one man knowing where he's going and showing us the last days, it feels a lot like "watch and learn"... i'm too old to learn again though, but i have a new start beginning so maybe that is why this hits me so hard.

Besides, Johnny is the king, no matter what, Johnny is the king.

woedend
July 13th, 2006, 03:10 AM
I do like the song, and johnny cash is a legend, but why THIS song. It's a NIN song for god sakes...he just re-sings it to the SAME basic melody(although different sounding), same words...
it would have been 10 fold better if he had at least rewritten some of the words on his own in my opinion. I like the NIN version better.

Speaking of Metallica...I LOVE the music video for One...its truly a thought provoking/emotion stirring video.

PhilipsHead
July 13th, 2006, 04:01 AM
I do like the song, and johnny cash is a legend, but why THIS song. It's a NIN song for god sakes...he just re-sings it to the SAME basic melody(although different sounding), same words...
it would have been 10 fold better if he had at least rewritten some of the words on his own in my opinion. I like the NIN version better.

Speaking of Metallica...I LOVE the music video for One...its truly a thought provoking/emotion stirring video.

I wrote a fairly long reply to it, but apparently the mods are sniffing glue today and randomly removing shiat.

Anyway, it's a nin song, well the nin song sucked balls while the cash version is king, see, thats how it is, in fact every nin song ever made is just shiat, it's crap, all of them, the only ones worth listening to have been remade.

woedend
July 13th, 2006, 04:06 AM
i read your original apply. the mods aren't sniffing glue. can't take a hint can you?
you are entitled to your opinion, but do it respectfully please.

PhilipsHead
July 13th, 2006, 04:10 AM
i read your original apply. the mods aren't sniffing glue. can't take a hint can you?

Not really, not when the removal of a fairly long post that NO ONE in their right mind could have found offensive goes without notice.

Then no, i don't get their point, especially as they have sent me numerous PM's about all other kind of shiat.

Look, i started this thread, i didn't post anything inappropriate nor trolling and they removed it just because they can, WHOA, have i landed in Richmodn? ;) (for the mods, that was humor, not an insult, as you seem to not get humor at all).

PhilipsHead
July 13th, 2006, 04:12 AM

Respectfully? You are entering a thread named Cash is King and in this thread, all other artists are OBVIOUSLY lower on the scale (not even a president is higher than a king).

briancurtin
July 13th, 2006, 04:27 AM
this thread turned out pretty funny.

nalmeth
July 13th, 2006, 04:43 AM
The only thing holding back the one video, and ...justice entirely was the complete absence of BASS!!

You can't blame Het and Lars for not completely trusting anyone after Cliff, but the poor kid actually did an awesome job. Turn up the bass really loud on that album. It will sound like crap, but you can hear some pretty wicked bass lines, deep down there.

Oh yeah, Cash is the man.

As the singer from NIN said, Johnny made that song his own, but personally, I prefer to stick to his originals. The song and video is just eerie and seemed to foreshadow his death. His life is what is important.
:cool:

PhilipsHead
July 13th, 2006, 04:51 AM
this thread turned out pretty funny.

The intention was a tribute to a dead man, a big man, i'm sure others find the threadcrapping funny, but it really is not.

I'd pity you, but you are not worth it.

briancurtin
July 13th, 2006, 05:04 AM
The intention was a tribute to a dead man, a big man, i'm sure others find the threadcrapping funny, but it really is not.

I'd pity you, but you are not worth it.
the "threadcrapping" isnt the funny part. your attitude is.

PhilipsHead
July 13th, 2006, 05:14 AM
the "threadcrapping" isnt the funny part. your attitude is.

It is?

I thought the funny part was the shitting on this dead mans heritage, a heritage tha millions of men and women listen to and cherish?

briancurtin
July 13th, 2006, 05:20 AM
It is?

I thought the funny part was the shitting on this dead mans heritage, a heritage tha millions of men and women listen to and cherish?
no, not really

PhilipsHead
July 13th, 2006, 05:33 AM
The only thing holding back the one video, and ...justice entirely was the complete absence of BASS!!

You can't blame Het and Lars for not completely trusting anyone after Cliff, but the poor kid actually did an awesome job. Turn up the bass really loud on that album. It will sound like crap, but you can hear some pretty wicked bass lines, deep down there.

Oh yeah, Cash is the man.

As the singer from NIN said, Johnny made that song his own, but personally, I prefer to stick to his originals. The song and video is just eerie and seemed to foreshadow his death. His life is what is important.
:cool:

If you like the song, downloawd it, this version is just a 128k sample INC video which makes the sound less than 40k..

It has bass in it's original form, i can vouch for that.

If you buy this cd, you won't be dissapointed, if you ever going to buy one, buy this one.

I don't want to see his wife begging because the record contracts, like all record contracts stole everything...

This last one was his own, if you are ever going to buy a cd of him, this is the one you should buy.

nalmeth
July 13th, 2006, 05:41 AM
Hmm, I'm a little confused.

The lack of bass I was reffering to was in ...And Justice For All.

Are you recommending a Cash CD? You forgot the album name!

BTW, I think his wife died like 3 months before he did. He recorded an album in between in which he covered some songs, including a Gordon Lightfoot song. Is this the album you're reffering to? I haven't heard it yet, but have seen good reviews. Maybe it is worth checking out :)

Maybe we're talking about totally different things :-k

woedend
July 13th, 2006, 05:50 AM
I doubt you'll see his wife doing much begging or anything else for that matter. She died 4 months before he did.

PhilipsHead
July 13th, 2006, 05:51 AM
Hmm, I'm a little confused.

The lack of bass I was reffering to was in ...And Justice For All.

If you have a lack of bass in "And justice for all" you need new speakers, hell you need bass speakers, cut with coils at the level.

Are you recommending a Cash CD? You forgot the album name!

So i did, the name is American IV: The Man Comes Around.

I promise you, this is one album you won't ever regret buying, it is timeless!

I have another album like that one, the black album, but this one is even more.. it has a song for every situation in your life, and no matter who you are, listening to it will make you feel right at home.

BTW, I think his wife died like 3 months before he did. He recorded an album in between in which he covered some songs, including a Gordon Lightfoot song. Is this the album you're reffering to? I haven't heard it yet, but have seen good reviews. Maybe it is worth checking out :)

Maybe we're talking about totally different things :-k

That would be the one.

No, we are talking about the same thing.

Isn't it strange though, he died of love lost, he just gave up.

PhilipsHead
July 13th, 2006, 05:55 AM
I doubt you'll see his wife doing much begging or anything else for that matter. She died 4 months before he did.

Well isn't that precious, so his daughter or whoever, what is it you have such a hard time to get through your SKULL? WE ALL LEAVE SOMEONE BEHIND.

ARGH, i'm not going to get myself banned over this sick piece of crap.

manicka
July 13th, 2006, 06:02 AM
I'm closing this thread for a while to give members a chance to calm down