PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How does one configure window management to sync with refresh rate/mouse poll rate?

r2rX
May 13th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Hey everyone,

Since installing Ubuntu 13.04 x64, with the NVIDIA 319.17 drivers, i've been trying to figure out how to configure Ubuntu to sync my monitor refresh rate and mouse poll rate to make dragging windows silky smooth.

My monitor is set to 120Hz and my mouse poll rate is set to 1000Hz. With this combination, when dragging windows in Windows 7 (or Linux with Gnome 3), it drags silky smooth by default.

Ubuntu, however, does not. The closest i've managed to get the intended results is by installing 'CompizConfig Settings Manager' and setting 'Composite'-> Detect Refresh Rate = On (On by default but I have to uncheck it and recheck it again) and 'CompizConfig Settings Manager'-> 'Mouse Position Polling'-> Mouse Poll Interval=1.

The above is closer to what I want but it's not how I know it should run. Also, when restarting Ubuntu, I have to repeat the uncheck/check of the 'Detect Refresh Rate' every time.

Any advice is appreciated. ;)