PDA

View Full Version : Package Operation failed

CamPsych
May 13th, 2013, 01:55 AM
Hi all,

Every time that I try to do any upgrades or installations I keep getting the error message Package Operation Failed - The
installation or removal of a package operation failed.

installArchives() failed: (Reading database ... (Reading database ... 5%% (Reading database ... 10%% (Reading database ... 15%% (Reading database ... 20%% (Reading database ... 25%% (Reading database ... 30%% (Reading database ... 35%% (Reading database ... 40%% (Reading database ... 45%% (Reading database ... 50%% (Reading database ... 55%% (Reading database ... 60%% (Reading database ... 65%% (Reading database ... 70%% (Reading database ... 75%% (Reading database ... 80%% (Reading database ... 85%% (Reading database ... 90%% (Reading database ... 95%% (Reading database ... 100%% (Reading database ... 303314 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace libasound2:i386 1.0.25-3ubuntu3 (using .../libasound2_1.0.25-3ubuntu3.1_i386.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement libasound2:i386 ...
Preparing to replace alsa-utils 1.0.25-3ubuntu2 (using .../alsa-utils_1.0.25-3ubuntu2.2_i386.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement alsa-utils ...
Preparing to replace telepathy-idle 0.1.12-1 (using .../telepathy-idle_0.1.12-1ubuntu0.1_i386.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement telepathy-idle ...
Processing triggers for man-db ...
Processing triggers for ureadahead ...
Setting up openemr (4.1.1-1) ...
dpkg: error processing openemr (--configure):
subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
No apport report written because MaxReports is reached already
Setting up libasound2:i386 (1.0.25-3ubuntu3.1) ...
Setting up alsa-utils (1.0.25-3ubuntu2.2) ...
Setting up telepathy-idle (0.1.12-1ubuntu0.1) ...
Processing triggers for libc-bin ...
ldconfig deferred processing now taking place
Errors were encountered while processing:
openemr
Setting up openemr (4.1.1-1) ...
dpkg: error processing openemr (--configure):
subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1

It looks like an Issue with Open EMR (a medical records program) when I try to uninstall this program, it tells me that it cannot be removed and that the Software Centre needs to fix errors?

Any ideas on this one?

ibjsb4
May 13th, 2013, 02:03 AM
How and from where did you install openemr?

CamPsych
May 13th, 2013, 02:15 AM
Installed directly from the Software Centre

ibjsb4
May 13th, 2013, 02:57 AM
You may of used the software center to install it, but your download either came from SourceForge or OpenEMR home page. Which would make it either a tar file or a deb file that you downloaded. The deb file (made for Ubuntu) from the home page would be the better way to go.

ibjsb4
May 13th, 2013, 02:59 AM
You may of used the software center to install it, but your download either came from SourceForge (http://sourceforge.net/projects/openemr/) or OpenEMR home (http://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/OpenEMR_Downloads) page. Which would make it either a tar file or a deb file that you downloaded. The deb file (made for Ubuntu) from the home page would be the better way to go.

CamPsych
May 13th, 2013, 04:00 AM
Yes, I believe that it was the OpenEMR page, now that you say, so is there a fix for the problem that I am having?

ibjsb4
May 13th, 2013, 04:05 AM
Im going to load it and see what happens. Get back to you later tonight :)

ibjsb4
May 13th, 2013, 04:40 AM
Ok, I could not get the .deb download to install so I tried the .tar.gz install and was successful. But now am hitting this snag with the site.

So all I can tell you at this point is to install the .tar.gz package. And then go to the OpenEMR forum and ask for help.

http://www.open-emr.org/forum.shtml

Good luck :)

CamPsych
May 20th, 2013, 02:02 AM
Cheers for the help, checking out the forums to see if I can get any answers.

CamPsych
May 22nd, 2013, 12:23 PM
OK, so I have found a fix for this. It involves deleting files from /var/lib/dpkg/info/openemr. I deleted all the openemr files in this folder. Seems to have fixed the issue and no more error message at this time.