PDA

View Full Version : Multimonitor doesnt persist settings after restart

kubco2
May 11th, 2013, 09:46 AM
Hello,

my problem is that everytime when I restart/start notebook I must set multimonitor settings in sudo catalyst, it is even worse, because I must after every change apply settings.
I do it in sudo AMD catalyst:
cloned display -> extended display -> apply settings
change res of extended display -> apply
change res of built in display -> apply
change position of extended display -> apply -> OK

I have AMD 5650 VGA ... ubuntu Gnome remix 12.10 and proprietary AMD catalyst 13.4

Thanks for help.

QIII
May 11th, 2013, 09:58 AM
Hello!

First off, you should be using gksudo when running CCC in admin mode. Get in the habit of using gksudo whenever you need to open a graphical application with elevated privileges. If you don't, you can really wreak havoc with file permissions and wind up with a mess.

Could you give us a little more information about your notebook? To what type of port are you connecting your external monitor?

kubco2
May 11th, 2013, 11:04 AM
Ok, I think I open it in gksudo: winkey ... find it in gnome shell and hit enter, password box will popup ....

I use Acer aspire 3820tg running in AMD VGA only mode .... and I have connected it to HDMI port.

I have AMD 5650 VGA ... ubuntu Gnome remix 12.10 and proprietary AMD catalyst 13.4

kubco2
May 11th, 2013, 02:27 PM
This partially solved my problem http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=970585&p=6622027#post6622027 ... I don't understand why this problem after many years is still here ...
Now I have only one problem, that after restart I must set Scaling options in amdcccle under external monitor ..... It is set to 0%(in reality it is 8%), but when I move slider, it jumps to 8%, and I must set it to 0% and apply ...

edit: this solved scaling issues ....

sudo aticonfig --set-pcs-val=MCIL,DigitalHDTVDefaultUnderscan,0