PDA

View Full Version : Problem in packages and bash after installing ubuntu

mahmoud moosa
May 9th, 2013, 12:42 PM
Hello everybody,

I have a Dell OPTIPLEX 3010 Desktop.
Windows 8 was pre-installed.

First time i couldn't boot ubuntu but when i changed the following options in BIOS i faced the following issue:

First, during the installation, there is option says: at least 4.4 GB available drive space which is checked in green color and working fine.
The other option: is connected to the internet, this one is checked in green color for the first few seconds and then showing gray x circle, which means network card is detected and then disconnected.

Althoug, when i looked in the back of computer the network card is blinking and seems working fine.
After that i continued installing ubuntu.

Any idea please ? because after i finished installing ubuntu i faced alot of problems in bash, i wrote them in other posts.
For example, i can't update from bash or downloading programs from software center.

The other question please, What are the correct setting should i configure in BIOS ? is it relating what i am facing or not ?

Note: Windows 8 already deleted.
I am using ubuntu (64-bit).

Below are the options in green color which i chose in BIOS, and please if i am wrong correct me.

From Boot List Options:
Legacy

From System configuration and SATA Operation:
AHCI

From Security Boot:
Disabled

From Integrated NIC:
Enabled w/PXE and before it was Enabled only

Please give me answer because i spent hours to solve but no luck.

Thank you for any help.

gravysteak
May 9th, 2013, 02:17 PM
It looks like you are already being helped in those other threads. Be patient. These are volunteers.

I dont think your problems have anything to do with bios options.

mahmoud moosa
May 12th, 2013, 05:50 PM
It looks like you are already being helped in those other threads. Be patient. These are volunteers.

I dont think your problems have anything to do with bios options.

Hello my friend,

It is solved.

What i did is, i entered the BIOS and changed the mode from UEFI to Enable Boot Legacy.

Thank you for you answer.

Greatful.

Mahmoud.