PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu, Banshee, ubuntuone

Dark_Horizon
May 5th, 2013, 01:09 PM
I wasn’t sure as to just where to post this however, now that I have my shiny 13.04 working, all or rather most of the problems ironed out. I sat back to listen to music on my Banshee player, and thought it might be nice to round off things with buying a couple of Mp3's from the ubuntuone music store. I notice that there didn't seem to be an icon in the left hand side for it and thought it may need activating in extensions for banshee so a quick look later and slight puzzlement; what no ubuntu one music store add-on! a bit of an oversight I thought.

I now understand for clever reasons beyond any rational thought that Ubuntu folk put on their finest and resplendent corduroy pants, special sandals grew beards and went Hmmm a lot and counted their train-spotting handbook entries then put starched underpants on their heads, in preference to the lovely little sailor hats that looked so fetching at the regatta, and then lay out in the sunshine pretending to be sundials. I assume it was at this point they then thought it would be a clever idea not to include U1MS in Banshee. It is available through the browser but so are may other stores? well call me sane but cutting off potential avenues of revenue for a service isn’t all that clever, especially since I can access any number of music stores through my browser I would not think immediately Oh whoop-de doo I must head right for there that U1MS. I thought we were going through times of integration but it appears we are going back a few steps. I know I can access it through my dash and all sorts of ways, but I just find it more convenient in my music player.

Is this likely to be resolved or are we at the stage of rabid dogma that so clouds the thoughts of Mac and MS

rrnbtter
May 5th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Greetings,

Is this likely to be resolved or are we at the stage of rabid dogma that so clouds the thoughts of Mac and MS

Just looking at the Ubuntu development wiki's and what can be surmised from reading them I think that Ubuntu is going to support apps especially on devices. Just looking at what is being linked to the upstream the wheels are already turning in that direction. Now will this trend appear on the desktop versions? That may not occur in the current development version. I don't see how Ubuntu can be a "device" OS without app store, however Ubuntu like Google is sure to have a host of free apps. I am personally very pleased with where we are at with the current release. But I don't use devices, just desktop. Here is a link to the Upstream projects that are active. https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/saucy/+packaging? There are over four thousand, so you will have to do your own research.

matt_symes
May 5th, 2013, 06:10 PM
Not a support or U+1 question.

Thread moved to Ubuntu, Linux an OS Chat sub forum

deadflowr
May 5th, 2013, 06:46 PM
Has Ubuntu one music been added to any of the other non-default music players in Ubuntu?