PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] upgrade to 13.04 and Lotus Notes

nitemn
May 4th, 2013, 07:17 AM
I am trying to upgrade from 12.10 to 13.04. At the start of the upgrade process when I look at the packages it lists Lotus Notes as not needed!!!! is there any way to exclude this from being deleted?

Mark Phelps
May 4th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Messages like this indicate the app is not supported in the new OS version.

SO that begs the question -- why upgrade?

If your current version is working OK, unless 13.04 brings something you sorely need, and considering that it's only going to be supported foir 9 months, there is little sense in removing an app you use, just to upgrade.

Despite what many folks think, NEWER is not always BETTER.

nitemn
May 4th, 2013, 03:26 PM
The only reason I want to upgrade is my wireless card. I have Lenovo Think Pad X220 and under 12.10 my wireless card is not working well. It connects and disconnects every few min. I have tried to fix this issue a number of times and have reloaded a number of drivers but no luck at all. I had an extra HD and installed the base 13.04 just to see how it works with my Wireless card and it worked great no disconnects at all. That is when I put the main drive back in and decided to upgrade to get rid of the annoying wireless problem.

Mark Phelps
May 4th, 2013, 03:37 PM
OK, understand why you want to upgrade ... but unfortunately, it looks like you're going to have to choose between wireless working and running Lotus Notes.

My suggestion is that you start a new thread in the Networking section regarding the wireless problem. You may then be able to fix it and still use Lotus Notes -- without upgrading.