PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] Any LUbuntu themes with close, minimize, maximize buttons on the left side?

agrayray
May 2nd, 2013, 04:09 PM
Just switched over to LUbuntu from Ubuntu 10.10 where I really liked those windows button in the upper left (its quicker and takes less mouse movement for me).
The other theme options however all have the icons on the right side.
I noticed you could install themes however, so does anyone know of a LUBuntu theme that has these icons on the left side and where to get/how to install?

Thanks.

dandroid13
May 2nd, 2013, 04:23 PM
You can change it with Openbox Configuration Manager, check the 'windows' tab.

BazBear
May 2nd, 2013, 05:37 PM
You can change it with Openbox Configuration Manager, check the 'windows' tab.
What he's looking for is actually in the 'appearence' tab.

dandroid13
May 2nd, 2013, 05:40 PM
What he's looking for is actually in the 'appearence' tab.
Yes, you are correct, my bad. I don't use LXDE anymore, so I messed up things in my head. :p

vasa1
May 2nd, 2013, 05:44 PM
If you have a conventional Lubuntu install, you should see "Customize Looks and Preferences" under "Preferences" when you click on the main menu.

If you open "Customize Looks and Preferences", click on Window Borders. You should see something like the attached image.
In this image, you would change the Button order from NLIMC to CMINL or whatever you wish.

Just to be clear, you can move the buttons around for the default theme. You don't have to install a separate theme that has buttons on the left.

So, there are at least three different types of themes at play. One affects the actual page and the themes available for that are under the "Widgets" tab. You can choose an icon theme in the appropriate tab. Themes that affect the appearance of the window border including what you've asked here about are listed under the "Window Border" tab. And you can choose mouse cursor themes as well.

dandroid13
May 2nd, 2013, 05:50 PM
Aren't both installed by default? Last time I used they were there...

User88
May 2nd, 2013, 06:26 PM
Just switched over to LUbuntu from Ubuntu 10.10 where I really liked those windows button in the upper left (its quicker and takes less mouse movement for me).MS Windows let's you close on both sides. Every version of MS Windows let's you double-click any window on the upper-left to close. But I have not found any version of mainstream Linux that allows this, not even as an option. It is the only reason I won't switch. Sure it's often quicker to close on the left. It's quicker yet to be able to close on both sides.

dandroid13
May 2nd, 2013, 06:53 PM
MS Windows let's you close on both sides. Every version of MS Windows let's you double-click any window on the upper-left to close. But I have not found any version of mainstream Linux that allows this, not even as an option. It is the only reason I won't switch. Sure it's often quicker to close on the left. It's quicker yet to be able to close on both sides.
It's even quicker with Alt+F4... :biggrin: