PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Unable to update ubuntu 12.10 get dependency error on vaio laptop

dojha
April 29th, 2013, 08:19 PM
unable to update ubuntu on my sony vaio. Last thing installed was amd drivers for 7650 gpu the error i am getting is : The following packages have unmet dependencies: fglrx: Depends: libqtcore4 (>= 4:4.5.3) but 4:4.8.3+dfsg-0ubuntu3.1 is installed Depends: lib32gcc1 but it is not installed Depends: libc6-i386 but it is not installed Depends: linux-headers but it is a virtual package and it says try to run : Furthermore run the following command in a Terminal: apt-get install -f Kindly tell me What i should do

Frogs Hair
April 29th, 2013, 08:44 PM
Run the command in the terminal as suggested to start with. If there are any more errors copy and paste them in code tags using the # symbol on the reply box tool bar.
sudo apt-get install -f

dojha
April 30th, 2013, 05:57 AM
Run the command in the terminal as suggested to start with. If there are any more errors copy and paste them in code tags using the # symbol on the reply box tool bar.
sudo apt-get install -f

I did this command and then ran sudo apt-get update, it updated my ubuntu, but now after i restarted my launchpad and tasbar are not showing up, so i am unable to to use it.
My terminal also runs only once i.e. when i press ctrl+alt+T it works, when i close it once it too dont start up.
I can only see wallpaper in the whole screen nothing else.
I tried pressing windows key to get back launchpad but was of no use.
( Now i am again using windows 7 to reply to this thread, please help me asap to get rid of windows 7 )

dojha
April 30th, 2013, 08:40 AM
i reinstalled using the live disc, all software packages i installed last day spending 8 hours were gone, brightness control and other things still dont work. I think i am done with ubuntu, do you think 13.04 would be any different.
I think i will wait till ubuntu release something more stable and better. ubuntu 10.1 was the last best thing i used

Frogs Hair
April 30th, 2013, 08:30 PM
You may want to post regarding your driver . I am not an ATI user and don't what driver would best suit your card. Consider Xubuntu because it is less demanding or install the gnome fallback session.

sudo apt-get-install gnome-session-fallback
Select during login

dojha
May 1st, 2013, 02:37 PM
My ATI graphic card is 7650HD Radeon series - 2GB, i5 with 4 gb ram, 500 gb hdd
This is exactly my laptop :
http://www.sony.co.in/product/sve15116en/specs