PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] pdf file access-use

laineywolff
April 29th, 2013, 03:30 PM
for my work I need to use an online - or download - form which is a pdf file (a form) which is designed to be filled out, saved and printed. I call it interactive pdf but I don't know if that is the correct word. When I open it I get the following message... "To view the full contents of this document, you need a later version of the PDF viewer. You can upgrade

to the latest version of Adobe Reader from www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html (http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html)
For further support, go to www.adobe.com/support/products/acrreader.html"

I know with other software I was told not to go to the site to upgrade but to use the Ubuntu library (again may not be the correct word). Can you tell me what to use from Ubuntu that will update my computer/provide me the correct software to fix this problem.

I have installed all offered updates using Ubuntu manager and my most recent upgrade was last April (2012) If you tell me how to find the information about which version I am running, I will be able to be more accurate. I'm a greenhorn.

Thanks Lainey

grahammechanical
April 29th, 2013, 03:48 PM
The Ubuntu Software Centre does not have a version of the Adobe PDF Viewer (or whatever it is called). If there is a Linux version in the deb packaging format then you can download it and right click on it and select Open with Software Centre and the Software Centre will install it for you and later if you wish uninstall it.

I do not know if there is a Linux version of this application or if it is the deb packaging format. The web site does detect a Linux operating system and it will download a binary file. But what you do with it, I cannot say.

Regards.