PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Trying to download pictures from smart phone

vegas89
April 29th, 2013, 09:58 AM
Hello fellow beanheads, I am running ubuntu 12.04. I have a Samsung Galaxy Stellar Android SCH-1200 smart phone and I am trying to download pictures to my shotwell picture folder. What must I do to get my OS to reconize this phone. What terminal script should I use to accomplish this task. Thanks for any help!!](*,)

bro
April 29th, 2013, 10:08 AM
I don't know what android version that is running, but there is a problem with newer android versions being recognised as a disk - it used to 'just work', and it should. I forgot some of the half baked solutions that do exist. What worked fine for me was the excellend app Airdroid (install it on your phone), which makes it possible to drag and drop file to/from you phone via your browser. You get complete control over the phone via your browser. It comes with awesomesauce so to speak.

bro
April 29th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Just checked with my phone. In 13.04 it just works again. Plug in and no problem.

davidbaumann
April 29th, 2013, 10:37 AM
http://www.webupd8.org/2013/01/upgrade-to-gvfs-with-mtp-support-in.html

Try this. Or put an SD Card in your phone.

vegas89
April 29th, 2013, 08:50 PM
Thanks for the help so far, I installed the up dates as you suggested. The folders in the phone showed up but would not open. Here is a screenshot of the problem. Any suggestions? :confused:

MoebusNet
May 1st, 2013, 03:48 PM
According to the above link
...Also, for some reason, there are no thumbnails for images on the Android device in Nautilus and the images can't be opened directly from the device but copying and viewing them on the computer works.

I'd give that a try.