PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 13.04 audio and vidio skips

Slixt
April 29th, 2013, 12:50 AM
I recently installed a new copy of 13.04 and suddenly experience the audio from rythmbox skips. It also happens when watching videos on youtube, so it's probably something system wide I assume. It was fine in 12.10 but wifi was crapped. It's not constant but, randomly it will skip two or three times throughout a song and occasionally the video skips along with it the sound.

Slixt
April 29th, 2013, 07:18 AM
I've tried removing pulse audio incase it's yet another issue with pulse but, that doens't seem to be the case as I still get it. I'm currently listening to youtube (same song) to check if it's skipping and it is. Any ideas what else could be up? This is driving me insane...

jngdwe
May 10th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Same here. I've got a clean copy of 13.04, installed 2 days ago. The audio skipping is extremely frequent, to the point of ruining everything I listen to. No idea why it is happening.

Slixt
May 18th, 2013, 10:02 PM
Yeah, sorry for the late reply. I confirmed it's not pulseaudio by removing it, and sucks putting it back in. I'm still missing the volume control at the top of my screen. It's horribly annoying that every song skips so, I agree the issue just kind of ruins music a bit for me too.

hunterkil
May 20th, 2013, 05:16 PM
It seems we may have the same kind of issues. http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2146443

What kind of hardware configuration do you have?

Slixt
May 20th, 2013, 09:41 PM
I think I have the Sandy Bridges onboard graphics set and Cougarpoint soundcard.