PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Java on Ubuntu Touch

Kurten
April 28th, 2013, 02:04 PM
Hello

First of all, I apologize if this is in the wrong section, and if so is the case, please move it to the correct section.

I've been working on an educational program for mathematics and natural sciences for the last 2 years. The program is written in Java due to it being the language I'm mostly familiar with, and due to it's cross platform capabilities over Windows, linux, and Mac.

When I began writing the program, tablets had not yet made a really big impact on the educational market, not a lot of students used em, but now this has changed and I want to make a version of the program for use with tablets running android, iOS, and the upcoming Ubuntu touch

My question to the community is:
What is the status of the JVM for ubuntu touch? Is it functional, if not is there a project to make it functional on the touch?
Is there any API's for multi touch input for the java language?

//Kurten

Leuchten
May 1st, 2013, 11:00 AM
It looks like they ripped dalvik out and that they want QT/QML based apps, so it looks like there is no jvm available on the phone at the moment.

Kurten
May 1st, 2013, 09:55 PM
Thanks for the info :)
No java on the touch will make things hard for me, I'm hoping that some JVM arrives for it, but if not I will take it as an opprtunity to widen my programming knowledge.

//Kurten