PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Upgraded to Ringtail, but Boot to Blank Screen

Qbert
April 28th, 2013, 07:57 AM
Hello all -

I just updated my ThinkPad R60e, which happens to be my Linux box, to Ringtail, but have an interesting issue. When I boot with the AC connected, it boots to a blank screen. It makes the start sound, but I see nothing. If I boot on battery, it starts normally and I can plug in the AC, but my battery is good for only about 30 minutes, which is a problem. I started the machine in recovery mode with the AC and after it did it's thing, it worked. When I first installed Ringtail, I think it booted normally, but when I tried the next day, I got the blank screen. I noticed other were having this issue on google, but didn't see a definitive answer. It seems like this should be a setting somewhere, but I don't know what it is. Anyone have an answer? Thanks for any help.

2F4U
April 28th, 2013, 08:39 AM
I guess you will get better responses if you provide some information about your hardware. From which version did you upgrade to 13.04? Am I right in assuming that this problem was not present in the previous version?

Qbert
April 28th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Thanks 2F4U. The machine in question is a ThinkPad R60e notebook. It has a Intel C2D T5500, 3GB PC5300, 80GB SSD, Intel 950 GPU, Intel 945GB Chipset, and Intel 3945 WiFi card. Yes, I've been running Linux on the machine since 2008 when I got the notebook and this is the first time I've seen anything like this.