PDA

View Full Version : Typewritter Keyboard ?

ibjsb4
April 28th, 2013, 06:17 AM
Talk about old school

http://www.usbtypewriter.com/collections/kits/products/copy-of-usb-typewriter-conversion-kit-ready-to-install

deadflowr
April 28th, 2013, 06:35 AM
Does the screen move sideways as you type?
That would be the best part.

ibjsb4
April 28th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Funny :)

deadflowr
April 28th, 2013, 05:20 PM
What would be even funnier is if it made you throw away your device and replace it if you messed up.

I'd also like a ding sound, and the recoil zip-sound.

codingman
April 28th, 2013, 06:09 PM
what would be even funnier is if it made you throw away your device and replace it if you messed up.

I'd also like a ding sound, and the recoil zip-sound.

:)

angryfirelord
April 29th, 2013, 04:50 AM
Looks interesting, but doesn't look good for ergonomics. Personally, I would just get one of those Model M style keyboards, which has a spring feedback for the keys.

ibjsb4
May 5th, 2013, 02:39 PM
One last bump-a-do

deadflowr
May 5th, 2013, 04:30 PM
One last bump-a-do

Bump? No,No,No.

Ding!

MG&TL
May 5th, 2013, 04:44 PM
My mother would love this. She learnt to type on a typewriter, 'never quite got used to these computer keyboard things'.

deadflowr
May 5th, 2013, 05:23 PM
My mother would love this. She learnt to type on a typewriter, 'never quite got used to these computer keyboard things'.

I first learned how to type on an old typewriter that sucked.
It had very poor recoil, and worked best by slamming the keys as hard as I could(being 8, or 9 that was never a very hard slam) hoping the ricochet would bounce the hammer back. If it didn't then I have to dig the key out.
It's probably the reason why, after years of learning to use my whole hands to type, I still revert to two finger typing and slam the keys with gusto.

MG&TL
May 5th, 2013, 11:31 PM
I first learned how to type on an old typewriter that sucked.
It had very poor recoil, and worked best by slamming the keys as hard as I could(being 8, or 9 that was never a very hard slam) hoping the ricochet would bounce the hammer back. If it didn't then I have to dig the key out.
It's probably the reason why, after years of learning to use my whole hands to type, I still revert to two finger typing and slam the keys with gusto.

Interesting. I was given very soft (I guess 'learner') keyboards at school, and have never hit keys hard enough since. I usually just don't know when I've activated the key. I have a mechanical keyboard now, which clicks in a tactile fashion when the key's traveled sufficiently far, so I'm much better now.