PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] Phatch won't work (yet) in Lubuntu 13.04

M_Mynaardt
April 28th, 2013, 02:21 AM
Hi!

I just upgraded from Lubuntu 12.10 to 13.10 on my laptop yesterday. It seems to be okay; for the most part.

However the application phatch won't work. The first time I tried running it I got an error message and it didn't work. Since there, I've reinstalled it, but when I try running phatch now, nothing happens. No error message, no nothing. Anyone know what could be causing this?

Thanks!

John Fraser
May 2nd, 2013, 03:05 PM
I am getting the same thing with Ubuntu 12.10 X64.
It's driving me mad. I've tried reinstalling phatch, but with no improvement.
When I try to open it I get a "Sorry, Ubuntu 12.10 has experienced an internal error" message. When I seek further details I get: "phatch crashed with NameError in NotifyingList():name '_module_' is not defined"

Here's hoping that someone can assist!

M_Mynaardt
May 3rd, 2013, 07:39 PM
I am getting the same thing with Ubuntu 12.10 X64.
It's driving me mad. I've tried reinstalling phatch, but with no improvement.
When I try to open it I get a "Sorry, Ubuntu 12.10 has experienced an internal error" message. When I seek further details I get: "phatch crashed with NameError in NotifyingList():name '_module_' is not defined"

Here's hoping that someone can assist!

At least I'm not the only one. Hopefully they'll figure this one out soon.

I also updated my PC to Xubuntu 13.04 (my laptop runs on Lubuntu and I use Xubuntu on my desktop PC); and Phatch won't work on that either. So there's something in *buntu 13.04 that disagrees with Phatch. Whatever it is...
:(

muhh
May 25th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Hi,

There is a solution here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/python-imaging/+bug/1112496

Remove phatch from your computer, delete /usr/share/phatch folder, perform autoremove, autoclean, reinstall phatch and then go to /usr/share/phatch/phatch/lib/thumbnail.py and change "import PngImagePlugin" in line 62, to "from PIL import PngImagePlugin".

And it works!