PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Upgrading Unity to version 13.04 on Linux Mint

zesterer
April 27th, 2013, 10:43 PM
Hi there,

I use Linux Mint 14 at the moment, and I use Unity as a desktop environment (Don't ask me why, but I'm not switching because it will take too long to set up Ubuntu as I have Mint). With Ubuntu 13.04 out in the last few days, I'm itching to upgrade Unity to the latest version, or at least try out a few of the new features. So far, I have tried the commands:

sudo apt-get upgrade unity-desktop
sudo apt-get upgrade ubuntu-desktop
sudo apt-get upgrade unity

After doing sudo apt-get update, none of which have proved successful. I have come to assume that 13.04 Unity is not out yet on the Linux Mint PPAs. This is disappointing for me, because I really wanted to try it out. I have literally searched the internet for hours to find a solution, going to all kinds of strange ends to try and get it working, but it has been a futile effort, and I have not found a solution.

So finally, I turn to the ubuntuforums.com. This is my last attempt at finding a solution, and I really hope someone out there can help me and others with the same problem...

Thanks,

Barry Smith (Zesterer)

snowpine
April 27th, 2013, 10:53 PM
Your best option is to install Ubuntu 13.04 because Mint 14 is based on Ubuntu 12.10 and will never have Ubuntu 13.04 software.
Or wait for Mint 15, I suppose. :)

Frogs Hair
April 27th, 2013, 11:00 PM
You are out of luck unless someone makes a PPA . I know Unity 7 only runs on 13.04 at the moment and it has only been out for two days . I think it will take some time if it is possible.

zesterer
April 28th, 2013, 11:18 AM
Ok, thanks for the info guys! I guess I'll just have to wait...

Thanks,

Barry Smith (Zesterer)