PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Focus to Panel(s) from Keyboard - not working [Lucid]

r_avital
April 26th, 2013, 10:25 PM
Hi folks,
Running Ubuntu Lucid 10.04 64-Bit
Kernel Linux 2.6.32-46-generic
Gnome 2.30.2

What should happen:

Ctrl+Alt+Tab
Give focus to a panel. This keyboard shortcut displays a popup window with icons that represent the desktop background, panels, and drawers. Press and hold Ctrl+Alt and continue to press Tab to switch the focus between the desktop background, panels, and drawers. If you're especially dexterous, you can add Shift to go in reverse.

You can customize this keyboard shortcut.

Tab
Give focus to the next object on the panel.

F10
Open the Applications menu when the Menu Panel has focus. Continue to press F10 to switch focus between the Applications menu and the window list. This key behavior may alter slightly depending on context and specific user setup.

spacebar
Activate a panel object; for example, open a menu or start a launcher (icon shortcut).

Shift+F10
Open the panel object popup menu.

Ctrl+F10
Open the panel popup menu.

The above is straight from https://help.gnome.org/users/gnome-access-guide/2.32/keynav-5.html.en - the official Gnome Accessibility Guide. I have NO accessibility issues, I just want to save time by being able to give the panel focus from the keyboard (the greatest time-waster for me is constantly switching from keyboard to mouse and back again). Granted, this guide might be a bit old, but then again, I AM using Lucid.

None of the above happens on my end. I've gone to the keyboard shortcuts config on the control panel, made sure that Ctrl+Alt+Tab is not assigned to anything. Also, notice the last line in the first item: "You can customize this keyboard shortcut."

I'd love to know how, because I have not found a way to do it. Certainly not from the control panel keyboard shortcuts tool.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

r_avital
June 26th, 2013, 04:14 PM
Resolved in Raring Ringtail (13.04) -- may have been resolved in earlier versions after Lucid.