PDA

View Full Version : install ubuntu on tablet

bhoopal
April 26th, 2013, 10:09 PM
hi guys, i have a tablet(chinese) , onda vi30 , and i want to install ubuntu in it. the mobile version or the desktop one, doesn't matter. the reason of this is just for experimenting. so guys, how can i proceed? i'll post my trials and results here. thanks

goldshirt9
April 27th, 2013, 09:21 AM
unsure if you can, I have an old mid tablet that was impossible to upgrade from the manufacturers website .
Best of luck, when the Ubuntu tablet comes out you may have more luck
try omgubuntu site

3rdalbum
April 27th, 2013, 03:53 PM
hi guys, i have a tablet(chinese) , onda vi30 , and i want to install ubuntu in it. the mobile version or the desktop one, doesn't matter. the reason of this is just for experimenting. so guys, how can i proceed? i'll post my trials and results here. thanks

It's probably not been ported yet. I'm sorry to say, Ubuntu might never get ported to that device. It all depends on Cyanogenmod being ported, and then somebody else porting Ubuntu as well. If the tablet is not a popular one with Android and Ubuntu developers, it'll probably never work.

Buyer beware; you really should have bought a Nexus 7 or Nexus 10 as these are the official development platform for Ubuntu Tablet.

bhoopal
May 5th, 2013, 09:06 PM
yes! thanks! infact its old ( 3 years old) and i really wanna do something with it! and you're right, about buying devices that have support. but at the time of purchase i could get only samsung galaxy tab or ipad in my country (mauritius), both were out of my budjet. so i asked a friend to bring 1 from china for me! cost about $160. anyway, thanks for answering! i really apreciate