PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How to make top bar 100% transparent in Ubuntu 13.04

NBPX
April 26th, 2013, 02:40 AM
I would like the top bar was totally transparent while no window is maximized. This was possible via Compiz Config or Unity Tweak Tool in Ubuntu 12.10.

stinkeye
April 26th, 2013, 03:05 AM
In ccsm > unity > general
set panel opacity to 0 and
background colour opacity to a low value greater than 0.

grahammechanical
April 26th, 2013, 02:10 PM
I too would like the top panel to be completely transparent. I had it that way for most of the 13.04 development cycle but things changed a few weeks ago and even with the panel opacity setting at 0.0000 the panel is still not completely transparent as it once was.

In the past when we opened the Dash, the panel took on the look of the Dash. It was as if the panel became part of the Dash with the Dash extending the length of the panel. I am guessing that despite the settings in panel opacity the panel is reacting to the Dash Blur effect.

I have yet to find a way of doing what we want. CCSM and Unity Tweak Took do not do it. CCSM Background Color>Pick a color>Opacity set to zero or even 2 does not do it.

Edit: It may work. You need to click the slider to enter the value. One click = setting 1. Two click = setting 2. Simply changing the number in the panel will not work as it will revert to zero. It helps also if the wallpaper is light background. You can then see what is happening. Mine has just changed to the type writer key image - too dark. And also if you are starting from a fresh Opening of CCM.

Thank you, Stinkeye.

Regards.

stinkeye
April 26th, 2013, 04:12 PM
In ccsm > unity > general
set panel opacity to 0 and
background colour opacity to a low value greater than 0.
This was working because I was running a conky under the panel to show temps and net speed but
can't get full transparency at all now and it's blurred with the dash.
:(