PDA

View Full Version : Are you using a non-ubuntu theme?

Somenoob
July 12th, 2006, 02:47 AM
just curious...

Engnome
July 12th, 2006, 03:31 AM
I'm using some high contrast theme (ubuntu theme) that I've fine tuned to my liking. It's not pretty; but fast, very fast. I've disabled all icons on menus and toolbars and where I have to have them they are black and white. Eye-candy is evil[-( My gnome install feels lighter and faster than XFCE :D

Somenoob
July 12th, 2006, 03:33 AM
I'm using some high contrast theme (ubuntu theme) that I've fine tuned to my liking. It's not pretty; but fast, very fast. I've disabled all icons on menus and toolbars and where I have to have them they are black and white. Eye-candy is evil[-( My gnome install feels lighter and faster than XFCE :D

sounds interesting, could you post a picture or info settings about your theme?

Adamant1988
July 12th, 2006, 03:35 AM
Not I, I love the human theme... makes me feel all warm and cozy.

benplaut
July 12th, 2006, 03:39 AM
i'm using the Rezlooks engine, made by the amazing rezza. Try it, i think it can be found on gnome-look.

Mike_N
July 12th, 2006, 03:44 AM
I'm using the Mist theme...

user1397
July 12th, 2006, 03:45 AM
i use a sorta-cool looking one (at least i think)

skull_leader
July 12th, 2006, 03:46 AM
I don't use Ubuntu default icons... like, ever.

Other components I use pretty regularly. Although there isn't any in my theme right now.

FISHERMAN
July 12th, 2006, 10:56 AM
I use a modified version of the Ubuntu-theme(Green instead of orange)

Engnome
July 12th, 2006, 01:00 PM
sounds interesting, could you post a picture or info settings about your theme?

It's the simple theme with the high contrast icons. No sounds and no icons if I can avoid it. I've found that the only theme that I don't get bored with and have to change all the time is this kind of theme. Been using the same style theme in windows for many years now (or rather the lack of a theme) no eye candy, XP looks like windows 95 and that's how it should be. IMHO anyway.