PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Looking for KDE panel widget

SallyK
April 24th, 2013, 11:52 AM
In Cinnamon, I've got used to using a Folders widget that displays my Places and folder bookmarks - like this one (cinnamon-spices.linuxmint.com/applets/view/62).

I can't find anything similar for KDE, is there really not one, or am I just not looking in the right place? (I found the Folder View widget, but all that does is show the contents of one particular folder, not links to all the useful ones.)

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

ronnoc
April 25th, 2013, 12:22 PM
I would try the Homerun Launcher for KDE. Just a simple Google search will lead you to it. While not exactly the same, it's goals are similar, and it looks gorgeous.

SallyK
April 25th, 2013, 04:28 PM
Thanks for the idea, that looks very interesting, but not really what I'm looking for. I just want a simple drop-down menu, rather than a lens or overview. :-(

Isamu715
April 25th, 2013, 08:40 PM
Folder View and Quick Access panel widgets seem to be pretty close to the one on that screenshot.

SallyK
April 25th, 2013, 11:07 PM
Thanks. unfortunately they don't do quite what I want, which is links to a load of different directories, rather than the contents of a particular one - like the Bookmarks in Dolphin. I think I'm going to have to use the Folder View widget with a load of symlinks, as the best solution at the moment.