PDA

View Full Version : what free cloud data storage services do you use?

jfloydb
April 24th, 2013, 02:57 AM
I used to like Mediafire, but some strange things are happening there. I often use Opendrive, Flipdrive, and Box.com. They offer 5 GB free file storage, and I don't have to download any type of software to my computer. I was wondering, is there are any other free cloud storage services (that don't require a presence on my harddrive) that I could try? Thanks.

pqwoerituytrueiwoq
April 24th, 2013, 04:05 AM
i use ubuntuone, if you don't want any software for storage use mega ( https://mega.co.nz/ )

SifGrey
April 24th, 2013, 05:16 PM
I use Ubuntu One too, but I found SKyDrive to be good as well.

CharlesA
April 24th, 2013, 07:24 PM
If I have to use one, I use DropBox, but that is rarely. I blame remote access to my home server for part of that.

Roasted
April 24th, 2013, 07:43 PM
ownCloud. It may take a little configuration to set up in comparison to signing up for a Dropbox account, but I'll happily take my personal 3TB of cloud space hosted on my own server out of my basement any day.

SifGrey
April 24th, 2013, 07:52 PM
ownCloud. It may take a little configuration to set up in comparison to signing up for a Dropbox account, but I'll happily take my personal 3TB of cloud space hosted on my own server out of my basement any day.

That sure does sound nice.

CharlesA
April 24th, 2013, 07:53 PM

Agreed. I've been thinking of setting it up on my VPS, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

sandyd
April 24th, 2013, 09:27 PM
I have owncloud setup on an onapp cloud.
Works wonders

aysiu
April 24th, 2013, 09:50 PM
For free, I use Dropbox and Google Drive.

For pay, I use Crashplan.

ciscostudent561
April 25th, 2013, 05:46 PM
skydrive's sync capabilities are awesome for a freeservice... got me migrating away a few subs from carbonite yay