PDA

View Full Version : Star Trek Into Darkness

stevesy
April 23rd, 2013, 09:28 PM
I'm not a trekkie but really looking forward to this movie. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJMYAJ3_0uw Thought they did a great job with the first one so.. I reckon Benedict Cumberbatch from "Sherlock" will make a fantastic baddie. Have to say though, my favourite from the older Star Treks will always be http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YllXtbNikxc

Uvunter
April 28th, 2013, 03:42 PM
Trekkie here. I watched every Star Trek film and every TV series except TOS and Enterprise. Star Trek XI was very awesome and well done, and I think that Into Darkness will be too. My favourite films:

- The wrath of Khan
- The undiscovered country
- Generations
- First contact
- Nemesis
- XI

Linuxratty
April 28th, 2013, 03:46 PM
I've seen all of them and this sounds so much like the super hero/Batman sort of plot I'm definitely giving it a miss.

forrestcupp
April 28th, 2013, 07:47 PM
The last reimagining of Star Trek was pretty awesome. I'm stoked for this one.

Trekkie here. I watched every Star Trek film and every TV series except TOS and Enterprise. Star Trek XI was very awesome and well done, and I think that Into Darkness will be too. My favourite films:

- The wrath of Khan
- The undiscovered country
- Generations
- First contact
- Nemesis
- XI
How can you be a Trekkie if you've never watched the original series?! If you have Netflix, you need to get on there and watch them.

pacpod
April 28th, 2013, 08:12 PM
How can you be a Trekkie if you've never watched the original series?! If you have Netflix, you need to get on there and watch them.

I agree.

Also, I'm looking forward to this new release!

mips
April 28th, 2013, 09:05 PM
How can you be a Trekkie if you've never watched the original series?!

I've probably seen the series 3-4 times growing up. Loved it but these days I find it hard to watch. My favourites are STNG & Enterprise.

forrestcupp
April 29th, 2013, 03:07 PM
I've probably seen the series 3-4 times growing up. Loved it but these days I find it hard to watch. My favourites are STNG & Enterprise.

I'm actually the opposite. I hadn't seen the series since I was a little boy. When we got Netflix, I put it on expecting it to be extremely cheesy, and was surprised about how good the quality was. The pilot episode sucked, though. You can't have TOS without William Shatner.

Star Trek TOS kicks the old Doctor Who's backside. ;)