PDA

View Full Version : Problems running POS software in wine

sprayin99
April 23rd, 2013, 07:50 PM
Hi All,
I am not an advanced user but have been using ubuntu distros for years and am having a problem with wine. I have ubuntu 12.04 lts fresh install, Installed the most current version of wine 1.5x I believe, from the ubuntu software center. Every thing worked and installed. I use a pos retail software called pos maid, version 2.336 on windows 7. I got the exe in wine and everything seemed to download and install correctly, it asked all the same questions during the install as windows does. Looked as if everything was good and created a desktop icon for the pos maid. When I click on the icon it does nothing, nothing starts at all. It is exicutable and is set to open with wine. Any Ideas? The point of sale maid or pos maid can be downloaded forfree on cnet if you guys want to try to figure it out. Thanks in advance...

Ranko Kohime
April 24th, 2013, 04:33 AM
Try running in the terminal, to see what error messages pop up.

(Right-click on the desktop icon, click properties, and copy the contents of the "Command" field. Paste into a terminal window and hit enter, then copy and paste whatever it says here.)