PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] GRUB Won't Find Kernel

fowlslegs
April 22nd, 2013, 07:20 AM
I just upgraded from Xubuntu 12.10 to Ubuntu 13.04 using `sudo do-release-upgrade -d`. I accidentally turned my computer off during the upgrade process when I meant to restart xscreensaver and some other x program which the terminal-based installation prompt said I needed to halt. Anyway it seemed I had resolved everything after remounting my sda1(root) partition and entering `dpkg --configure -a` from kernel 3.8.8's recovery mode, which I selected from the grub2 menu during bootup. I installed all raring updates and fixed my /etc/apt/sources.list. Everything seemed to be working fine. `uname -r` returned 3.8.8.x...-generic, `sudo update-grub`, however only found memtest. I made a mental note of this and meant to reinstall the kernel and figure out why grub wasn't seeing it even though it was obviously in use. However, I forgot and rebooted after updating. I am now immediately taken to memtest. (Oh yeah I set the grub timer to 0 and holding shift does nothing). What can I do? Kernel 3.8.8.x...-generic is definitely on my computer somewhere.

fowlslegs
April 22nd, 2013, 04:22 PM
Fixed with boot-repair CD.

Toz
April 22nd, 2013, 11:13 PM
Thread closed. Please do not create duplicate threads for the same issue, it dilutes the community effort.