PDA

View Full Version : Geany Execute problem

dippyes
April 20th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Hello there, first of all I want to apologize for my bad explanation, and if there is another topic like this, I just didn't find it. Ok here is my problem I try to run a C program under Geany, it compiles and builds fine, but when it comes to the execution, it just gives me a blank page, with no response. I am not sure what can be causing this...
I hope this Screenshot helps finding the problem

MG&TL
April 20th, 2013, 01:20 PM
If you look into the directory you saved your source code/project into, is there an executable file in there? If so, run that file from the terminal, and see if you get anything then. (You may have a bug in your program)

If you get something in your terminal you probably want to fix the geany settings. I believe there's a build menu. (http://wiki.geany.org/howtos/configurebuildmenu)

dippyes
April 20th, 2013, 01:23 PM
Thank you, just found it about 10 mins ago, yea I can run it in the terminal, but it's kinda annoying, having to run it every time from there, I should look for some problem in the settings. Thank you mate!

steeldriver
April 20th, 2013, 01:36 PM
Yes if you go to the Build --> Set Build Commands menu item you should see an 'Execute' action at the bottom - mine says "./%e" (which is the default value, afaik) which says 'run the executable in the current directory' (your 'Build' action should set the output file as -o "%e")