PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Upgrade 10.10 to Natty issues

GhostSamurai
April 15th, 2013, 10:46 PM
I am trying to upgrade my system which is currently 10.10 to Natty

I keep getting failed to fetch errors an now the upgrade button doesn't even show up.

Could not download all repository indexes

The repository may no longer be available or could not be contacted because of network problems. If available an older version of the failed index will be used. Otherwise the repository will be ignored. Check your network connection and ensure the repository address in the preferences is correct.

mrgs
April 15th, 2013, 11:39 PM
Hi, welcome to the fora.

The error appears because you are trying to upgrade 10.10, which has already reached end of life. More here: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/EOLUpgrades

fantab
April 16th, 2013, 05:49 AM
I am trying to upgrade my system which is currently 10.10 to Natty

I keep getting failed to fetch errors an now the upgrade button doesn't even show up.

Could not download all repository indexes

The repository may no longer be available or could not be contacted because of network problems. If available an older version of the failed index will be used. Otherwise the repository will be ignored. Check your network connection and ensure the repository address in the preferences is correct.

Well, mrgs had pointed out to you why you are having the problem upgrading.

Here's what you should do:

Download either Ubuntu 12.04 LTS or 12.10 or wait until 13.04 is released (at the end of this month or early next month) and do a FRESH, CLEAN Ubuntu install.