PDA

View Full Version : Semicolon cannot terminate the statement

Newbie89
April 15th, 2013, 04:41 PM
I have succesfully compile the sqlite-amalgamation-3071300 and extract the file.After that I compile the sqlite3.c into the SBC TS-5500.When execute the sqlite command,it show no response with the next line,anyone can help me solve this problem?

SQLite version 3.7.13 2012-06-11 02:05:22
Enter ".help" for instructions
Enter SQL statements terminated with a ";"
sqlite> create table artist (ID INTEGER PRIMARY KEY,Artist_name TEXT);
...> insert into artist values(NULL,'hong');
...> select * from artist;
...> .quit
...>

r-senior
April 15th, 2013, 05:15 PM
How strange ... I copied and pasted from your post and it worked OK. This is the standard install of SQLite on Precise (12.04).

$ sqlite3 temp.sqlite
SQLite version 3.7.9 2011-11-01 00:52:41
sqlite> create table artist (ID INTEGER PRIMARY KEY,Artist_name TEXT);
sqlite> insert into artist values(NULL,'hong');
sqlite> select * from artist;
1|hong
sqlite> .quit

Long shot: What keyboard layout and character set are you using?

What happens with the standard install version of SQLite?

Newbie89
April 15th, 2013, 05:48 PM
I'm also stuck...is it the problem of cross-compile?After cross compile the sqlite inside single board computer...problem occur...

Bodsda
April 15th, 2013, 07:12 PM
I'm more surprised that it let you enter a NULL value into a primary key column. But hey-ho

r-senior
April 15th, 2013, 07:31 PM
It looks strange I know, but that's how SQLite deals with auto generated primary keys:

https://www.sqlite.org/autoinc.html

EDIT: @OP, sorry for the slight digression. Could you provide more information about what you are trying to do?

Newbie89
April 16th, 2013, 05:19 AM
Usually the problem won't occur like this right?...I think maybe the method of cross-compile make it no response...Just suspect only...Do you guys know how to cross-compile the sqlite inside the single board computer TS-5500?

syahmicro
May 10th, 2013, 08:04 PM
SQLite version 3.7.13 2012-06-11 02:05:22
sqlite> create table tbl1(char ,int );
...> insert into tbl1 values('kenneth,10);
...> ;
...> ;
...>;

i also got this problem,as u can see from that statement i just
deliberate to dump the comma at 'kenneth.supposely when there have missing character such as comma it must be show the syntax error but then when need terminate the statement i could not work.I don't what is the problem because i was tried 2 times installing sqlite on ubuntu 12.04

so from this,i would like to make another coding to fix up this problem by using c programming
but then do you all have ideas to make coding?so we can access with sqlite using this command
gcc -o file file.c -lsqlite3

in sqlite,there are having files which is header file and c files.
sqlite3.c
shell.c