PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Ubuntu Software Center bug?

Nihon2
April 14th, 2013, 07:43 PM
Hello,
When I start the Ubuntu Software Center from Gnome3 (gnome shell) the categories menu to the left is just grey.
One can still click in that area to go to different software categories but one don't see the link text in the menu so it is difficult to click on the correct categorie.
I am running Ubuntu 13.04 (x86) and Gnome3.8 Shell and the Nvidia graphical driver. I have tried to change themes but it makes no difference.
I attach a screenshot below.

Three other minor questions:
1. Not as important but if anyone knows how to directly jump into the all application part the gnome shell then please let me know (default seems to be frequent applications when pressing Super-A) .
2. Also if anyone has manage to make it possible to navigate into the shell application folders (new in 3.8) using the keyboard without first setting focus to the application folder with the mouse?
3. And if someone knows how to get rid of the Nvidia splash screen during bootup?...I just found very old posts on how to do it which do not seemt to apply anymore.

Many thanks,
Nihon

rsbn
May 8th, 2013, 04:13 PM
I have the same issue. I can only see upper pixels of text. I am still able to click.