PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get Instinctiv music player for linux?

DisappearingOak
April 14th, 2013, 02:04 PM
Can anyone help me find a linux download for Instinctiv music player? I really don't like rhythmbox or banshee or other linux audio players. tomahawk was nice looking but uninuitive and half-baked. Instinctiv is supposed to be cross-platform but I can't find a download for it.

howefield
April 14th, 2013, 02:12 PM
Instinctiv is supposed to be cross-platform...

It is also dead.

Sef
April 14th, 2013, 03:31 PM
From Instinctiv (http://www.instinctiv.com/):

Thanks for visiting Instinctiv.com
Instinctiv has worked hard to build technology to help make it easier for you to manage and enjoy your music. While we have enjoyed the amazing experience of providing this technology to our users through the Instinctiv Music Player, we have made the decision to cease support for our consumer music applications moving forward to focus on new applications for our technology and software services.
If you are an Instinctiv user, your account and any personal information will automatically be deleted as of May 3rd, 2012.
We thank you for your support of Instinctiv and hope to have more news to announce soon.
-Team Instinctiv

DisappearingOak
April 14th, 2013, 05:27 PM
Any recommendation for a music player which is as beautiful/skinnable as MusicBee?
Something like this: http://virtualmcube.com/sites/default/files/users/user1/music-bee-theme.jpg

The only ones I'm finding have a horrible skinning with miniature very old Winamp skins, which you can't even see properly. Any recommendations appreciated!

SifGrey
April 22nd, 2013, 01:55 PM
Would something like Clementine or Audacious be good enough?

"Clementine will use the Qt theme and colour scheme that is configured
on your system. You can change it by running "qtconfig" (you might
need to install the qt4-qtconfig package first)."

Clementine I know is cross-platform but for Audacious I don't.
As for skins/themes they both have quite a few made already.