PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problem even installing Screen goes black as if monitor turns off

dwkw
April 12th, 2013, 06:34 AM
Ok so I have a weird issue here. Been trying to install ubuntu latest version on my new alienware m17x R4 - this is a laptop , I insert the cd. boot up to the screen where I get options to run a demo, install, oem install etc. So i've tried every option and it goes purple for a second with a few icons after I choose an option then screen goes black but still on, then monitor shuts off and my HDD icon and keyboard and cd drive are still active. the screen never comes back on. tried to search the site but to haven't seemed to find something to help me with this specific issue.

Any help would be wonderful cause i've never had this happen on my desktop before and i'm confused as to what is going on here.

-Dwkw

dwkw
April 13th, 2013, 10:24 PM
Well thanks to my own brilliance I decided to figure it out on my own. Found that the drivers were putting my laptop screen to sleep before I could attempt anything. So I FN Suspended. Then woke it and screen was on. So now i'm installing. If I have further issues i'll post. Hope this helps anyone else that may have this issue.