PDA

View Full Version : Follow-up to ps-DooM?

EliteNeophyte
April 11th, 2013, 02:44 AM
I was browsing Reddit, minding my own matters when someone linked me to this http://www.cs.unm.edu/~dlchao/flake/doom/, after reading I was absolutely stunned, I know we've all thought about something like this, I know I've wanted to shoot several unresponsive processes in the face with a BFG over the years

why is no one working on this, I mean this may just be the coolest idea ever, hell you do this with Day-Z and every sys admin I know is going to lock themselves in their office and never come out, help requests could be posted on a message board that the admin picks up and then goes to troubleshoot (or simply shoot) the program that has once more frozen, I mean I know a lot of coding projects get abandoned but I am legitimately saddened by this one not being maintained, this is fraggin awesome

Metallion
April 11th, 2013, 07:50 AM
This is one of those gimmicky things that is awesome for a while but the novelty wears off quite quickly. It's not really useful in the real world either. Nothing's stopping you from adopting the project though. ;)

mips
April 11th, 2013, 09:47 AM
This is one of those gimmicky things that is awesome for a while but the novelty wears off quite quickly. It's not really useful in the real world either. Nothing's stopping you from adopting the project though. ;)

This ^^