PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installing openjdk

Dawit Tilahun
April 7th, 2013, 01:20 PM
I leave in south africa and I just downloaded ubuntu 12.10 and I wanted to download openjdk 7 so I open the software center and search openjdk and when I find it, it dosnt give me the option of installing it I don't know why......so I changed the server to "main server" so after that I checked the software center again and it gave me the option to install only for the openjdk 7...... So when I click on install, it dosnt do nothing.....so I tried installing through the terminal window....it kind of worked......(It was night at south africa and I used the main server to download) so it reached 90% and the internet line broke (wi-fi) so the next day....I tried installing it again.....but this time it sayed 0%[connecting archive.ubuntu.com ] and after 5 minuets it sayed error fetching file n stops......so please some one help me............. :( :( :( :( :( :(

BmanTheBoss
April 7th, 2013, 02:40 PM
What you need to do is go into terminal and type this command
sudo apt-get install openjdk-7-jdk

(also, if you want the runtime environment too, just do the same thing but change the jdk on the end to jre)

Dawit Tilahun
April 7th, 2013, 02:46 PM
So the server is not the problem?

Dawit Tilahun
April 7th, 2013, 02:50 PM
But the last time I downloaded (last night ) I wroght sudo apt-get install openjdk-7-jre and it installed 90% and the wi-fi broke. And this morning I tryed the same thing (with a wired internet) and it didn't want to connect to the surver

Dawit Tilahun
April 11th, 2013, 10:00 PM
hi guys! I just installed openjdk 7 and after a while i installed openjdk 6.....now i currently have them both....so when i try to run minecraft i choose openjdk 6 and when i login the luncher screen goes black........i have a toshiba A200 AH 6.......please help ....tell me what to do....thank you in advance

mörgæs
April 11th, 2013, 11:17 PM
Please don't create multiple threads on the same subject.
Merged.

A precise and informative thread title would help you getting better answers.