PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] Upgrade ubuntu from 11.4 to 11.10

fadi3001
April 7th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Hi Experts

I running Ubuntu 11.04 on Mac using Virtual box and trying to upgrade Ubuntu 10 11.10 by going to system-->Administration-->update manger

but keep getting the following errors during the upgrade , can you please advise how can I solve this issue

================================================== ====
"Error during update

A problem occurred during the update. This is usually some sort of network problem, please check your network connection and retry."

W:Failed to fetch gzip:/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/security.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_oneiric-security_multiverse_source_Sources Hash Sum mismatch
, W:Failed to fetch gzip:/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/security.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_oneiric-security_universe_source_Sources Hash Sum mismatch
, W:Failed to fetch gzip:/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/security.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_oneiric-security_restricted_binary-i386_Packages Hash Sum mismatch
, W:Failed to fetch gzip:/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/security.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_oneiric-security_multiverse_binary-i386_Packages Hash Sum mismatch
, W:Failed to fetch gzip:/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/us.archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_oneiric_restric ted_source_Sources Hash Sum mismatch
, W:Failed to fetch gzip:/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/us.archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_oneiric_restric ted_binary-i386_Packages Hash Sum mismatch
, W:Failed to fetch http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/oneiric/restricted/i18n/Index
, W:Failed to fetch gzip:/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/us.archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_oneiric-updates_restricted_source_Sources Hash Sum mismatch
, W:Failed to fetch gzip:/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/us.archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_oneiric-updates_multiverse_source_Sources Hash Sum mismatch
, W:Failed to fetch gzip:/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/us.archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_oneiric-updates_restricted_binary-i386_Packages Hash Sum mismatch
, W:Failed to fetch gzip:/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/us.archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_oneiric-updates_multiverse_binary-i386_Packages Hash Sum mismatch
, E:Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

=====================================

Regards
Fadi

sanderj
April 7th, 2013, 02:12 PM
Support for 11.04 stopped in 2012. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ubuntu_releases#Table_of_versions

So you can't update 11.04 anymore via online sources

fadi3001
April 8th, 2013, 04:00 AM
So is there any way that I can do that upgrade from other resources rather than online ones ? what is the other options to upgrade Ubuntu from 11.4 ?

sanderj
April 8th, 2013, 06:07 AM
I think you can download Ubuntu 11.10, put it on CD, and use that to upgrade 11.04 to 11.10

fadi3001
April 8th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Hi sanderj (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=754333),

sorry for the question if that is silly , but what is the upgrade procuder if I have the 11.10 on CD ?

Regards
Fadi

mörgæs
April 8th, 2013, 11:46 AM
An upgrade is risky, and 11.10 is only supported for one month more, after which you need to upgrade again.

I recommend a fresh install of 12.04.2 or 12.10.