PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Blank Screen when USB is booted.

Bresser
April 4th, 2013, 10:51 PM
I downloaded 12.04 LTS kubuntu from the kubuntu.org website. I attempted it twice, using two different programs to put the ISO onto the USB (Universal USB instaler and UNETbootin). Both times when booted it comes up with a black screen with a little _ flashing in the top left. If someone could help me please!!!

Bashing-om
April 5th, 2013, 12:21 AM
Bresser; Hi !

Let's try and differentiate between what might be hardware related or problems with the install device's medium.
What results:
Boot the installUSB. soon as the bios screen clears, depress the shift key.
At this point what do you see ?

a starting point

Bresser
April 5th, 2013, 12:30 AM
Let me make sure Im clear on what to do:
You want me to boot from the USB and then press the shift key?

ymilev
April 5th, 2013, 12:40 AM
This happens to me when I have 2 USB devices at the moment of booting. When removed one of them ( although it was not bootable device) system booted from the Live USB. Otherwise maybe you have problem with the media. Meanwhile you BIOS is set to boot firts from USB, isn't it?

Bresser
April 5th, 2013, 12:44 AM
yes but i still press f9 to go to boot options or else it will show up as "Missing Operator System" I should mention that It used to work and I had trouble booting so i went into try me mode and used Boot-repair and it gave me this report http://paste.ubuntu.com/5672524/ if that helps. But after that it deleted Win 7 off my compute and won't boot from USB's