PDA

View Full Version : kubuntu forums

wbeck85
March 21st, 2005, 08:12 PM
When will we be able to post in the KDE (Kubuntu) subsection of the Hoary Application Support section?

Clicking on the "New Thread" button sends me to the "you do not have permission to do that" page.

Is it reserved for something?

I've got a few questions about kubuntu and i was hoping to put them in their own section :)

silent82
March 21st, 2005, 09:04 PM
I'm havig problems.... If someone knows how to fix it pleas reply!

After a while I'm in kde I get "KLauncher could not be reached via DCOP".

I did : rm -rf .DCOPserver* but notting...
ps -A | grep dcop gives me that dcopserver is already running...

Tanks!

gnutux
March 21st, 2005, 09:10 PM
Yes, we do need the kubuntu section since I have a problem about the KMenu Editor.

gnutux

kassetra
March 21st, 2005, 10:32 PM
When will we be able to post in the KDE (Kubuntu) subsection of the Hoary Application Support section?

Is it reserved for something?

You can post now. :)

wbeck85
March 21st, 2005, 10:33 PM
You can post now. :)
WHOOPIE!

EDIT:
Uh, no, still dont have permission.

"You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts"

whats up?

bored2k
March 21st, 2005, 11:16 PM
WHOOPIE!

EDIT:
Uh, no, still dont have permission.

"You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts"

whats up?
bored2k, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

az
March 22nd, 2005, 12:34 AM
I tried to split the thread into the kde forum. Maybe others can now post?

Quest-Master
March 22nd, 2005, 02:51 AM
I should try Kubuntu again. It's apparently getting popular, and getting praise everywhere.

bored2k
March 22nd, 2005, 02:54 AM
I should try Kubuntu again. It's apparently getting popular, and getting praise everywhere.
I download/tried the .iso today . Gnome still owns it in my opinion as a GNOME/XFcE user . I was shocked at it :shock: . I expected something a bit more.. gnome :-P

wbeck85
March 22nd, 2005, 03:14 AM
Yeah, im in gnome right now. I dont know which one i like better. I like the visual appeal of KDE and Konqueror (which is so many times better than nautilus) but gnome, for one, is more thouroughly supported by ubuntu, has more practical apps, better integration and is nice and clean. It also seems to have fewer issues with my system. For some reason, in KDE, I keep getting sound errors. When I restart the sound server (sudo killall artsd) it works fine. But they seem to not appear when using the gnome desktop. I think the best solution is to have both and use bi-enviroment apps. That way, I can have what ever I feel like at the moment :)

bored2k
March 22nd, 2005, 03:20 AM
Yeah, im in gnome right now. I dont know which one i like better. I like the visual appeal of KDE and Konqueror (which is so many times better than nautilus) but gnome, for one, is more thouroughly supported by ubuntu, has more practical apps, better integration and is nice and clean. It also seems to have fewer issues with my system. For some reason, in KDE, I keep getting sound errors. When I restart the sound server (sudo killall artsd) it works fine. But they seem to not appear when using the gnome desktop. I think the best solution is to have both and use bi-enviroment apps. That way, I can have what ever I feel like at the moment :)
I was hoping to like Kde 3,4 wich I really didn't. After the long wait for it to install I was received by this [IMO] ugly looking Environment that almost made me sick. But i thought "maybe the killer apps will make the hit inferior" -wrong. Soon after I found myself wanting my old beep/abiword/etc.

But this is not a Flame thread and I hope we get a working KDE thread asap .

wbeck85
March 22nd, 2005, 05:06 AM
I was hoping to like Kde 3,4 wich I really didn't. After the long wait for it to install I was received by this [IMO] ugly looking Environment that almost made me sick. But i thought "maybe the killer apps will make the hit inferior" -wrong. Soon after I found myself wanting my old beep/abiword/etc.

But this is not a Flame thread and I hope we get a working KDE thread asap .
it works :)

bored2k
March 22nd, 2005, 05:10 AM
it works :)
uh... what does? [short term memory loss]

kassetra
March 22nd, 2005, 05:14 AM
uh... what does? [short term memory loss]

the kde forums here in Hoary, padewan. :)

bored2k
March 22nd, 2005, 05:17 AM
the kde forums here in Hoary, padewan. :)
http://www.absoluteanime.com/admin/homer-doh.gif
My bad .

ubuntu-geek
March 22nd, 2005, 01:38 PM
Permissions have been fixed on the KDE forums now :) Sorry everyone.