PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] How do you add sshfs bookmarks to Dolphin like in nautilus?

vfclists
April 1st, 2013, 10:03 PM
How do you add sshfs bookmarks to Dolphin like in Nautilus?

I am referring to the way FTP and SSHFS shortcuts created from the Places dialog are added to Nautilus screen.

I am interested in the KDE equivalent of that in Ubuntu 12.04.

SeijiSensei
April 2nd, 2013, 12:38 AM
Use a "fish" URL, e.g., fish://server/ or fish://server/share/. The URL standard also allows a username like fish://joe@server/home/joe/ to reach joe's home directory. Once you've set up the connection to the server or share, just drag the item into the column of favorite places inside Dolphin. I find this very convenient when I want to upload content to my web server from my KDE desktop.

Dolphin also supports smb://user@server/share/ URLs to connect to remote Windows machines or Linux servers running Samba.

vfclists
April 3rd, 2013, 09:16 AM
Thanks for the reply.
Is it possible to map a fish location into a directory like in sshfs?

SeijiSensei
April 3rd, 2013, 02:14 PM
You can permanently set up a sshfs mount by adding an entry to /etc/fstab. I don't do this myself, but this post (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=430312) looks promising.

Otherwise, as I said, you can drag and drop the fish-mounted directory into the favorites panel on the left side of the Dolphin interface.