PDA

View Full Version : Cairo-Dock Impulse Function Stopped working

amitpatel711
April 1st, 2013, 08:52 PM
Hi, I am newbie to Ubuntu 12.10 (64-bit). I have installed Cairo-Dock for quite some time and was working perfectly fine. But today when I was installing some new music players and lyrics clients to check their functions, Impulse function(i.e. effects of dock icons when playing music) stopped working.

I am not sure which program affected it. I installed osdlyrics, guayadeque music player etc. n then removed them. After removing them I realized that my impulse functionality was gone.

To solve the issue I restarted my PC, I tried to re-install cairo-dock app using Synaptic (I dont want to lose my setting on current dock) but it dint help.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

amitpatel711
April 2nd, 2013, 08:11 AM
No one has faced this issue?? I have tried to completely remove (using synaptics) and install cairo-dock back but still the issue persists.

Thanks in advance,
Amit.

Frogs Hair
April 2nd, 2013, 09:31 PM
When you un-install most docks the configuration file remains and the dock will appear as it did on the previous installation. The folder can be located in home hidden folders in some cases. As I remember Right clicking the dock opens the preferences in Ciaro/GLX dock and I suspect one of the music players turned off or broke the plug-in. Though i have used Cairo in the past I never used that plug-in .

amitpatel711
April 3rd, 2013, 07:22 AM
Hi,

Appreciate your response to try help solve my issue. I got it solved on Cairo-Dock forums.

It was an issue with its sensitivity. When set to 'Default' it doesn't work (at least for me that's what happened) and somehow it was set to Default value. But now I changed it to more sensitive(0.044) and it started working.

Thanks.