PDA

View Full Version : Net meeting equivlant

Compucore
July 11th, 2006, 03:31 AM
Maybe someone might know this. Is there a netmeeting equivilant program out in the repositories that can be used under ubuntu that I could connect my ubuntu box to a windows machines.(While he is using netmeeting on his side and I am using my linux machine to view his desktop.) And do a remote check up on a computer. I have one that were installed either by default or I had installed hoping that it might work.. Like Krdc where I could connect to a windows machine 98 second edition for example and check certain things on it on that computer and be able to talk via telephone or pipe it through the speakers on the machine on their computer system. Becaus eI had to put my gaming machine in DMZ Demiliterize zone in my dlink router. Its dl-604 is the model that I am using here that I went with to see what the guy was talking about. Didn't have that many options to use in order to view his desktop. And you know how the previous windows are these days. Very not reliable at all to work with. And its not like dropping down into a terminal or command line. Any suggestions that anyone could think of here??

Compucore

RavenOfOdin
July 11th, 2006, 04:17 AM
I think you might need VNC?

Compucore
July 11th, 2006, 04:41 AM
Yeah I remember seeing that part since the other machine that I would be connecting to is an earlier version of windows. Would that be using IP address assigned to the DSL or cable modem to connect to it. For example when I had connected early this evening. I had to put my windows machine into the DMZ zone and and have him just make the call with net meeting and pick up there. Since I need to see what they are doing on the other end. Too bad there are not that many programs out there to deal with this.

Compucore

I think you might need VNC?