PDA

View Full Version : What pranks have you done for April Fool's Day?!

Dragonbite
April 1st, 2013, 04:01 PM
Just a few months ago we have our kitchen (at work) renovated. Since then people have commented that they don't know where things are anymore.

So this morning, before they got in, I rearranged each of the cabinets. I didn't have time to do the silverware drawers though.

I did, though, switch the toaster oven with the microwave.
:lolflag:

So what pranks have YOU done?

carl4926
April 1st, 2013, 04:12 PM
Just a few months ago we have our kitchen (at work) renovated. Since then people have commented that they don't know where things are anymore.

So this morning, before they got in, I rearranged each of the cabinets. I didn't have time to do the silverware drawers though.

I did, though, switch the toaster oven with the microwave.
:lolflag:

So what pranks have YOU done?

:D
Try that at home

Then Duck!

I'm a bore and don't do foolish things

Dragonbite
April 1st, 2013, 04:22 PM
The other good one I did was years ago when I worked in the Accounting Department.

One other person and I had PCAnywhere installed so we could remote-control our computers from home. At one point she left her computer open for some reason I cannot remember now so I set her PCAnywhere software to run on start up minimized but without any indicator other than in the task bar (I couldn't hide that one).

So on April Fool's day I fired up my copy and connected it to her computer and left it for a while.

Later, when I know she was on the computer, I would switch to her computer and just start moving the mouse! Or she would leave and find Notepad opened with some message about being possessed.

One time she called me over, since I was the techy of the department. So to make it not look obvious that the mouse stops when I come around, I balanced my ruler on the stapler and put my mouse (still remote-controlling) on the ruler. So while I was coming over (she could hear it) her mouse was moving ON ITS OWN!

I had her going for a while until she saw the icon in the taskbar,

When she found out I had done it, she hit me. Hard. And she was no light-weight either!

Now my arm hurts thinking about it. But it was well worth it.

deadflowr
April 1st, 2013, 04:24 PM
Resetting all the clocks a few hours ahead.

This was the one prank my mom would pull on me as a kid.
She'd then act frantic and tell me I was late for school.
I'd get dressed and sit in the kitchen for what felt like eternity.
She'd go back to bed.

It's become a quasi-tradition. Not every year, but usually for non-initiated friends and family.

Dragonbite
April 1st, 2013, 04:34 PM
Resetting all the clocks a few hours ahead.

I don't need April Fool's to have difficulties with this!

I've even tried setting the clock ahead so that I would leave early and arrive on time. Even that doesn't work!

CharlesA
April 1st, 2013, 04:48 PM
I've always wanted to do a Upside-Down Ternet, but I haven't bothered.

cprofitt
April 1st, 2013, 05:49 PM
I showed up for work.

Dragonbite
April 1st, 2013, 06:03 PM
So far the only person that knows it was me that did this is the person who walked in on me while I was switching everything.

Now I need to figure out how to switch everything back without anybody knowing. Although since I am on Kitchen Duty (meaning I get the clean the kitchen) I can always say that I am doing it because of that and keep people guessing.

Funny thing is, everybody thinks it is the person who knows who it actually is! :P

ibjsb4
April 1st, 2013, 06:45 PM
Post #3

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2131339&p=12583741#post12583741

MoebusNet
April 1st, 2013, 06:56 PM
Not mine, but cool (first time I've seen it):

http://www.debian.org/

[spelling]

ManamiVixen
April 1st, 2013, 07:00 PM
I put honey in a shampoo bottle, just enough water into a friends car gas tank to cause it to sputter but not stall, Plastic wrap on door frames.... At the base, and put baby powder on the tops of currently off fans in the house that will be turned on eventually.

Edit: I forgot the crowning achievement. A real pig's head the freezer at home.

TeamRocket1233c
April 1st, 2013, 07:02 PM
-splats a pie in CharlesA's face- Gotcha! XD

Dragonbite
April 1st, 2013, 07:17 PM
... and put baby powder on the tops of currently off fans in the house that will be turned on eventually.

Oh, I like that one! We have ceiling fans in all 3 bedrooms!!

TeamRocket1233c
April 2nd, 2013, 02:16 PM
What about the bucket prank? Fill a bucket up with water, slime, mud, PVA, poster paint, or any type of harmless liquid or goo, and have it spill on someone. XD
Or setting up a trap that if the target steps in it, splats pies and stuff on them. Yes. I'm basically the kid on here when it comes to pranks.

Dragonbite
April 2nd, 2013, 02:31 PM
Y'know, I think some people around here still don't know it was me, even though a few people walked in on me while I was putting things back. :)

TeamRocket1233c
April 2nd, 2013, 02:41 PM
Y'know, I think some people around here still don't know it was me, even though a few people walked in on me while I was putting things back. :)

:lol: Seriously, you think your prank idea's diabolical, mine consists of literally turning someone into a huge mess.

WTMBEACH
April 4th, 2013, 12:56 AM
I left my parents a letter that I will leave home because I am not happy there. I went to sleep at my girl friends apartment, they were rather scared.

Moose
April 4th, 2013, 11:39 PM
Me and my friends pulled a couple of small pranks at school. First we went to the year 8 building and turned all of the tables upside-down. Then we put stink bombs in people's lockers n' stuff. Just some really basic but annoying pranks.

Lupi
April 5th, 2013, 04:31 AM
My girlfriend and I pretended she was pregnant. People were gasping for air at the news. When truth was told, a pillow fight followed. :D

t0p
April 5th, 2013, 12:05 PM
I left my parents a letter that I will leave home because I am not happy there. I went to sleep at my girl friends apartment, they were ******* scared.

If I'd done that, my folks would have probably thrown a party. :(

Elfy
April 5th, 2013, 12:21 PM
I left my parents a letter that I will leave home because I am not happy there. I went to sleep at my girl friends apartment, they were rather scared.

If I'd done that, my folks would have probably thrown a party. :(

As a parent I refuse to comment :p

dillonboardman
April 7th, 2013, 05:35 PM
My jazz band went around playing 'Never Gonna Give You Up' by Rick Astley. Rick Rolling people was never so much fun!