PDA

View Full Version : Evolution Mail - A Forum Review?

Kernel Sanders
July 11th, 2006, 12:25 AM
Hi everyone,

As some of you know, i'm still LiveCD'ing Ubuntu until i'm ready to install full time.

To help me make the transition, i'm using as many of the windows ports of Linux programs as I can.

Today, I found this: Evolution For Windows (http://shellter.sourceforge.net/evolution/)

Currently, I use thunderbird, and its ok..... nothing special, like a safer version of Outlook Express?

I like the look of Evolution and I thought it best to ask you guys about it. :)

What do you all think of Evolution? Also, have any of you tried the windows version of it that I posted?

It would be excellent if I could get your thoughts on this :)

John :)

Kernel Sanders
July 11th, 2006, 01:16 AM
:(

briancurtin
July 11th, 2006, 01:32 AM
sylpheed (and/or sylpheed-claws) is about 80 times better than evolution. evolution does have the exchange server connectivity, which is nice for those that get their mail from exchange, but i just found sylpheed to be much more reliable and much better to work with for me.

kassetra
July 11th, 2006, 02:04 AM
Hi everyone,

As some of you know, i'm still LiveCD'ing Ubuntu until i'm ready to install full time.

To help me make the transition, i'm using as many of the windows ports of Linux programs as I can.

Today, I found this: Evolution For Windows (http://shellter.sourceforge.net/evolution/)

Currently, I use thunderbird, and its ok..... nothing special, like a safer version of Outlook Express?

I like the look of Evolution and I thought it best to ask you guys about it. :)

What do you all think of Evolution? Also, have any of you tried the windows version of it that I posted?

It would be excellent if I could get your thoughts on this :)

John :)
I've used evolution since it was first released. It's a good product - if it does what you need/want.

I use a lot of the features of evolution for my calendar and planning. It's much larger than some of the other email programs, so for people that don't need it's features, it can be "too much."

I have multiple accounts and many of my clients and colleagues use outlook - so it's nice when I can setup meetings, sync calendars, etc.

If you like evolution, and it does what you want it to do, try it. :)

Buffalo Soldier
July 11th, 2006, 02:20 AM
Been using Evolution since day 1 using Ubuntu. Evolution is suitable for those who needs digital secretary + mail client.

But for those who doesn't need the extra functions, it may seem bloated.

But for me, I can't live without the calendar, task and planning feature.

Kernel Sanders
July 11th, 2006, 12:22 PM
Cool, thanks for your opinions guys, i'll give it a whirl \\:D/

b1lancer
December 4th, 2009, 07:01 AM
I just tried evolution right now and it's fantastic! I'm using Ubuntu 9.10 netbook remix and it's really fun to have gmail load directly into evolution and have the features of calendar and all that without having to be on the internet. I'm going to try to use some other email accounts I have (gmail, yahoo) and see how that goes. If I can have all of them download into my evolution program, that'll be great!

kevCast
December 4th, 2009, 07:12 AM
Only you can prevent necrobumping.